Steering stabilizer?

never bothered with it much, & when i had one on a 250 it didn't seem to matter,but i think on a lightweight going very fast it might be helpful. does a hayabusa have one? ;D if so then maybe it does help. good skins, perfect alignment and geometry keep a bike straight along with the gyroscopic action of the wheels, so I am not too sure about a stabilzr unless you worry about hitting soemthing. not really sure, anybody?
 
I'm installing one on my CB350. I find it really jerky on high speed runs. Trick is to figure a mounting method that doesn't look ugly. Some of the older Hondas even have a mount on the lower triple clamp but you need to make your own frame mount. Older Hondas up to around 1970 had the steering head damper which just binds the steering head tighter.
 
Back
Top Bottom