Sticky brakes? Whats going on guys?

zero333

New Member
Ok I have a 78 CB750F. Twin discs up front and single disc in the back. I recently decided it was time to give the 33 year old brakes a good cleaning. So I broke them down to nothing, put in new pistons and swapped out the front brake lines with stainless steel lines. I also put a newer master cyl on the front. So I put everything back on the bike, use my suction pump to get the fluid moving through the brake systems and then conventional bleed the rest of the air out.... now they won't disengage. I am not saying they are totally locked **well the rear does close to that, but they are rubbing enough to feel extra weight when riding around for a few minutes.
Any ideas? I made sure all of the seals were clean and in good shape, lubed them up with some brake fluid when I put them back together. When I have the calipers off of the brackets I can see them retract a little, but not enough........what a pain in the @ss.
Thanks for reading and your thoughts.
 
Did you lube the new seals before putting the new pistons in? Dry rubber doesn't like to let dry brass slide back and forth.
 
Sometimes the little hole for the fluid return can get stopped up in the reservoir. You may want to take a look at that. see if it has bubbles coming up when you squeeze the lever in and out. You can clean it out with a needle. .02
Will
 
Make sure there's some free play between lever (adjuster) and mc piston.
Otherwise the hole pterodactyl mentioned might not allow proper chargeback
of brakefluid.

Best regards
Sven
 
Back
Top Bottom