Sticky throttle

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
My throttle sicks open on my CL350. To get it to release, I have to physical retun it to the idle position. Do I need to lubricate my cables with teflon/graphite/grease/wd40? Any help here is appreciated.

--Thanks, Chris
 
chrisf said:
My throttle sicks open on my CL350. To get it to release, I have to physical retun it to the idle position. Do I need to lubricate my cables with teflon/graphite/grease/wd40? Any help here is appreciated.

--Thanks, Chris

Check to make sure that the throttle grip isn't pressed too tightly up against the throttle housing, and check that screw and locknut affair on the bottom of the housing and make sure that set screw isn't applying any tension to the throttle tube.
 
Is there anything, where it connects to the carb, where it get stuck?
 
No, luckily! It turns out that the rubber on the grip was touching the controls and sticking. One I pulled it away a 1/4", it works perfectly. Thanks gents.

--Chris
 
chrisf said:
No, luckily! It turns out that the rubber on the grip was touching the controls and sticking. One I pulled it away a 1/4", it works perfectly. Thanks gents.

--Chris

Glad I could help! ;D
 
Back
Top Bottom