Taillight

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
hi All:

I bought this taillight, which I noticed others have used.

DropBarsLicense.jpg


it takes an odd-shaped bulb that is difficult to find. Has anyone replaced their bulb? Ideally, I'd like to go to LED, but what size do I get? It's a tiny little bulb! If no one knows of an LED bulb that can replace it, what is the regular dual filament replacement bulb number?

Any help is appreciated...

--Thanks, Chris
 
methinks thats the same as mine, different license plate bracket but the same light...I am pretty sure as far as a standard bulb goes it uses your normal taillight brake light bulb available at autozone...i have an LED in mine...significant loss of brightness, i will be switching back to standard.
 
Really? Did you use a red LED? That could drop the brightness. The reason I'd like to go to LED is because I see a noticeable drop in headlight brightness when I apply the brakes. Going to a bright, clear LED should fix this.

Yeah that is a custom bracket with a standard eBay Cat Eye taillight. The bulb is shockingly difficult to find.
 
Yeah a i DID use a red LED...i should try a clear one i suppose. I had noticed the same problem which is why i went to LED myself..lol! Bike is looking good too chris. What kind of doggy you have?? (saw the dogfood bin in the background...lol)
 
I have the standard e-bay cateye too... the LED I ordered is the 1187 I believe... but it was too long, so now it looks like this:
HeadlightEarsInstall13.jpg


The online store for led's is http://stores.ebay.com/V-LEDS Last I remember their shipping is off the wall expensive to Canada ($20+ for a couple of LED's in an envelope last I checked). So, if you want to round up some people for a combined order ;D, I'd like These:
74_A.jpg

To put in These:
19748398_tp.jpg
 
Nice. I went to the v-leds.com site. They have tons of models. Which ones would work for tail lights, flashers, etc. ?
 
Back
Top Bottom