Throttle assembly to new bars question

Shooter

Been Around the Block
I have new bars for my bike and I have also fitted new throttle cables etc .

My question is.

Should I cut off the bar locating pin inside the throttle assembly?

I figure that at least until I ride it ...it makes it dificult to establish the position to drill a hole in my new bars. ( The clubman bars are a radically different position from the originals)
 
My BMW doesn't even have locator pins... and like zixxerboy said the clamp hold things just fine... just don't grease up the bars to get the throttle on :D
 
if you leave pin in it will stop assempbly from sitting properly and throttle will move, mental note next thing on my list to-do.
 
I was able to pull the pin out and did not have to use the Dremmel.

Took a bit of encouraging and WD40 but I found that it was sort of splined in to a hole.

Kept it in case I need it and w.oild be easy to reinstall once I establish position of my new bars
 
Back
Top Bottom