Hey all,
Im about to start cleaning up a CB750 frame for a Cafe project (although there is some interest in going the CR750 replica racer route - but maybe thats the next one)
Anyway I'm curious to know peoples thots on chopping off the original exhaust mounts (two sides of the triangular lower subframe at the rear). Most guys seam to leave them on even if they arn't being used.
I'm a little hesitant since I don't know what exhaust I'll use and hence what my mounting needs will be.
I'm a low budget guy so the frame will likely be painted with Rustoleum rather powder coated so I suppose it's not a big to cut and touch up paint later....
Any thots?
BTW Somewhere (this board I think) I read that Rustoleum paint has a "self leveling" component and when used with a foam brush make a very nice job. Any proponents?
Thanks
Im about to start cleaning up a CB750 frame for a Cafe project (although there is some interest in going the CR750 replica racer route - but maybe thats the next one)
Anyway I'm curious to know peoples thots on chopping off the original exhaust mounts (two sides of the triangular lower subframe at the rear). Most guys seam to leave them on even if they arn't being used.
I'm a little hesitant since I don't know what exhaust I'll use and hence what my mounting needs will be.
I'm a low budget guy so the frame will likely be painted with Rustoleum rather powder coated so I suppose it's not a big to cut and touch up paint later....
Any thots?
BTW Somewhere (this board I think) I read that Rustoleum paint has a "self leveling" component and when used with a foam brush make a very nice job. Any proponents?
Thanks