Swagger
Putting boot to ass since 1967!
My winter project is finally underway and I just scored a pair of 18" aluminum hoops for it. I read on one site about a BMW cafe/race buildup where the kat used silicone to seal up the spoke nipples inside the rim, thusly allowing him to run modern tubeless tires. I can see it working ok like that but have been wondering if anyone else has done it?
For general information purposes:
>Based on a 1900 mile 76CB500T.....might as well be new except for a dented tank and some surface corrosion from sitting.
>Oversized pistons, megacycle cams, ported head, 34mm Mikunis, thus far unmuffled TT pipes and a dyna ignition
>CB1000f rear shocks (14" baby!!), progressive fork springs, one-off fork brace and shraeders
>eBay 'glass seat, XS 750 tank, lowered headlight, tach only (hidden bike speedo)
>Tommaselli adjustable clip-ons and one off rear sets (I own a machine shop so building bits is relatively easy)
Thus far is a bike and a decent sized pile-o-parts but by spring it'll be well on it's way. Anyway.....anyone with info on running spokes and tubeless would be most appreciated!
For general information purposes:
>Based on a 1900 mile 76CB500T.....might as well be new except for a dented tank and some surface corrosion from sitting.
>Oversized pistons, megacycle cams, ported head, 34mm Mikunis, thus far unmuffled TT pipes and a dyna ignition
>CB1000f rear shocks (14" baby!!), progressive fork springs, one-off fork brace and shraeders
>eBay 'glass seat, XS 750 tank, lowered headlight, tach only (hidden bike speedo)
>Tommaselli adjustable clip-ons and one off rear sets (I own a machine shop so building bits is relatively easy)
Thus far is a bike and a decent sized pile-o-parts but by spring it'll be well on it's way. Anyway.....anyone with info on running spokes and tubeless would be most appreciated!
