Walked away from a highside

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
Well... I highsided Tracey's GS400... was in a corner, broke loose on something (lot of leaves) hit the curb and WHAM! Landed on the right side of my head, left shoulder, tweaked the forks, dented the tank, fender, bent the bars, mirror, blinkers, peg and brake... sheesh.

Got up, stood up the bike, a motorist (biker in a car) called the ambulance, got checked out and cleared by the paramedics. Called Tracey, she resuced my ass with the trailer, garaged the bike.... then drove to the Antique Motorcycle Club of Manitba meeting I was headed for in the first place! "Funny thing happened to me on the way to the meeting" was my opening line as I showed off my trashed Schuberth helmet ;D

Funny thing is... I won the new tank on eBay for the 400 while I was out :D

Here are the pics of the Schuberth... will take pics of the bike tomorrow.

Thankfully I was in MC leathers head to toe to fingertip... got some sand up my nose (visor was up) and my shoulder hurts but I'll live to ride another season... once I fis the valve trouble on the BMW and now the Suzuki... but I think our season is done ::)
 
WOW.. Dan!!... Glad to hear that Ur Ok.!!.. WOW...

ehhh dont worry about the helmet... A bit sand paper & rattle can matte black paint and it'll look as good as new!!.. LOL!!.. Since Ur gonna paint it, may as well put checker stripes on it!!.. ;D
 
pyro139 said:
glad to hear your okay tho, sounds like you didnt even bruise your ego.

Oh that's plenty bruised.... complete rider fuck-up... no doubt... whether I pushed the bike too far, hit a wet leaf, didn't take the corner right... completely my fault... dumb luck and good gear are why I walked away.
 
glad to hear you're ok... rough week for the dtt crowd overall!
 
SHEEEESH. I'm quittin' while I'm ahead. Anyone want to buy a couple bikes?

Too many of us crappin' out. I was thinking of riding to work tomorrow, but I think I'll take the subway.
 
Tintin said:
SHEEEESH. I'm quittin' while I'm ahead. Anyone want to buy a couple bikes?

Too many of us crappin' out. I was thinking of riding to work tomorrow, but I think I'll take the subway.

Yeah... I hate to say it but bad things come in threes... please tell me someone else walked away from something so we know this is over.
 
2 weeks ago noel lost front break on way to tim hortons that could be considered the first in the series of 3.
 
pyro139 said:
2 weeks ago noel lost front break on way to tim hortons that could be considered the first in the series of 3.

There you go.. the curse of 3 is all done!!... ;D
Lets RIDE!!...
 
locOleoN said:
There you go.. the curse of 3 is all done!!... ;D
Lets RIDE!!...
then there's the 300 times pyro got shot down by sexybitch this summer , tragic, tragic stuff,
 
saucer said:
then there's the 300 times pyro got shot down by sexybitch this summer , tragic, tragic stuff,

BHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!.... I have a feeling thats never gonna end!!....I do have to admire his persistance!!...He's gotta write a book..!!
 
locOleoN said:
BHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!.... I have a feeling thats never gonna end!!....I do have to admire his persistance!!...He's gotta write a book..!!

books!
a wing on the library,

Shot Down in Flames, the Pyro Chronicles
 
Glad you're ok, hope insurance covers the damage, The helmet prob cost more than anything else...
 
Yellowducky said:
Glad you're ok, hope insurance covers the damage, The helmet prob cost more than anything else...

Not a chance I'm claiming this one... by the time they get through with deductables, license surcharges, premium hikes etc there's no way... total $$ out if I threw everything including the bike out would be $750... The helmet is worth more at retail than I paid for the bike :D

Was going to rebuild the bike anyway... just going to get an early start on dissassembly ;)
 
Good to hear your OK.
Can be a scary experience.
I've been down at 70 kph in a corner.
Not something you want to do twice.
 
Try a front tire blowing at 95kph and almost dumping it twice on the way to 0kph, all within the third week and first 1000k of riding career. Had to clean the old pants after that one. Still smells a little funky. Going down is something I hope I never have to experience. Glad you're ok.

Sometimes I go down to the local college where they run the bike course on the weekends and watch all the noobs drop the little XT225s. They're always alright (physically, not egos), but kinda reminds me why I don't take my mind off the road when riding.
 
I dumped my KZ in a parkinglot to avoid being hit by an old lady that wasnt paying attention. Was only going about 15mph so it wasnt anything spectacular, but enough to infuriate me. She didnt even stop, just slowed down and stared at me and asked if i was ok. Of course she couldnt hear me calling every name under the sun thru my helmet and the din of my now screaming, in gear bike that i was picking up off the ground. Fortunately for the bike, since i wasnt going fast enough to really kick it away from me, it landed mostly on my leg, saving all but the mirror from damage. Heh...I purpose a bill requiring those of the age of 65 or older to have to take a driving test every year. If you're afraid to drive, you shouldnt be driving...crazy old bat...
 
Back
Top Bottom