What do you think of this fork mod: Super Badass or Suicide?

mrosso

New Member
I've got a set of old triumph external fork springs, and I was thinking about putting them over my stock CB750K forks. I think it would look kick ass, but I'm worried that it would jack-up stability. Any thoughts on this? Would this make the front-end so stiff it woulb be unstable?
 
mrosso said:
I've got a set of old triumph external fork springs, and I was thinking about putting them over my stock CB750K forks. I think it would look kick ass, but I'm worried that it would jack-up stability. Any thoughts on this? Would this make the front-end so stiff it woulb be unstable?

That would be pretty douchy thing to do. Your spring rate would be very high and the damper could not keep up. Google "helper springs" and you might be able to finds a zero-rate spring in your size. They use them in racecars to take up slack.

--Chris
 
So these external springs are short and meant to ride on top of the fork lowers? Show us a pic.
 
Try these Triumph or Norton external springs from Clubman Racing;
http://www.clubmanracing.com/suspensionforkstriumph.php
http://www.clubmanracing.com/suspensionforksnorton.php

I run the Norton external springs on my Triton with Norton Roadholder forks. Honda dampening is different so you will need to do some research. Carpy had a CB750 with external springs on one of his projects. http://www.cb750cafe.com/bikes.php?cat=1&id=58
 
Back
Top Bottom