which tank is more hardcore?

saucer

Coast to Coast
so i got 2 tanks , dunno which is right, tell me what you all think,the steel tank would have blk side covers or pods conversion,
 
I'd put your nice original bodywork away, run with the other tank, find a set of sidecovers to paint black and call it a day - looks pretty good. No doubt Noel likes it.
 
Tintin said:
I'd put your nice original bodywork away, run with the other tank, find a set of sidecovers to paint black and call it a day - looks pretty good. No doubt Noel likes it.

Missing one thing though... TURN OUTS BABY!!... TURN OUTS!!!
 
thanks guys looks pretty obvious, i'm painting the extra set of side covers black, thinking about pipe wraps, and tommaselli clip ons, big bucks though,going with this tankl means i got to shave some of the frame mounts, so can't really go back later,
 
saucer said:
thanks guys looks pretty obvious, i'm painting the extra set of side covers black, thinking about pipe wraps, and tommaselli clip ons, big bucks though,going with this tankl means i got to shave some of the frame mounts, so can't really go back later,

ACtually, if you shave the tank pegs and shave the rubber mounts, you can actually go back. Just use another set of stock rubber mounts and the original tank will fit back on.
Tim did that on his cb550f. he shaved the pegs .5 inch on each side then cut the rubber mounts to trial fit the cb750f tank. Then he put the stock width rubbers on again and it was fine..
 
Get Turn outs... you dont want a bike that looks bad-ass but sounds like a vespa!!..LOL!!!
 
What the tank?... Its a nice tank... That green tank on Dr.J's was a minty tank that I got at the Flamboro Swapmeet a fews years back for $20. I traded it to DrJ for a cb350 seat pan and other stuff that I needed..
 
ahhh.. dude.. dont over think it.. Just put turn outs!!... My cb350 was INSANE...Sounded like what a cb750 should sound like...
I'd wouldnt put anything else on...Im actually putting headder wrap on my 4-1 on the cb750 and sticking a Turn-Out muffler on that.
Should done and ready to roar by thursday night... ;D...Just you wait!!.. FEEL THE ROAR!!!
 
I definitely agree with the folks here and say #1 is the business. And not just because it's the tank I'm using as well. ;D

But can I make one suggestions, the seat, I'm not sure what a 360 looks like in the rear rails compared to a 350, but perhaps you should think about lowering the seat itself, to make it sort of sit on the rails, without having that gap there. Just a thought. Hell, I don't even know if you even have the thing mounted yet, but just though I'd throw that out there.
 
I really like the look of the stock honda painted tanks on modified bikes. They always look good.

I painted mine black - but my Yamaha had allready been re-painted without the stock decals... and the color match at the locak paint shop went horribly wrong (ended up with a bright pink with metalflake seat hump).

Doesn't hurt that if I were to build another cafe tomorrow it'd have a red tank, too. ;D
 
sclay115 said:
I definitely agree with the folks here and say #1 is the business. And not just because it's the tank I'm using as well. ;D

But can I make one suggestions, the seat, I'm not sure what a 360 looks like in the rear rails compared to a 350, but perhaps you should think about lowering the seat itself, to make it sort of sit on the rails, without having that gap there. Just a thought. Hell, I don't even know if you even have the thing mounted yet, but just though I'd throw that out there.
well the seat is on hinges so i can get to the battery, and on the other side , i've managed to use the stock seat lock, the width of the seat is the same as the frame so it'll never fit any lower,
 
Back
Top Bottom