WTB breather in clutch cover Honda 50 circa 1960

Scooter trash

Been Around the Block
I have an old Honda 50 Chrome Promotion model. It came with the breather in the clutch cover and I have tried CMSL, e Bay, Bill's Bone Yard in Salt Lake City to no avail. I had to use a newer set of crank cases that had the breather in the middle to make it run right. I like to use the original motor, it didn't have the right cover.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 198
Wow. That's rad man. Try the folks at http://www.cyclewarehouseonline.com/m/index.htm . They apparently have EVERYTHING.
 
I couldn't find anything there, thanks for the input, they have stuff I do need though. I think it might be the breather bolt on e Bay, looks odd, don't see how or where it would go and still have a dip stick.
 
They're about 40min from me. If there's something big ya need, hit me up. May be able to save ya on shipping.
 
Did you try searching using the proper model name - either C100 or CA100? Also, I see you say circa 1960 but do you know the exact production year? If not, it should be on a tag on the wiring harness. Cubs were made from 1958 onwards so it's quite possible the case Honda used was from a foreign production model. If you narrow down the year you may be able to search eBay Japan or something.
 
The frame number is C100 DO 87563, the engine is C100E 14621. The engine in it now is C100E 364982. All the internal parts interchange, the cases are very different as far as the baffles go. The old one doesn't have the baffle chambers and the required case gasket is different. Wire looms for many Hondas, were used for several different years in a row, with the same year tag. I know this because I used to work in a Honda shop as a mechanic in the 60s. The bike was in the boneyard of the shop when I returned back to work, after a stint in the Army. This was in 1971 and have owned it ever since. I used a make shift baffle out of the dip stick, drilling a hole in the top with washers on the stem, to try and separate the oil, didn't work well. E Bay Japan? I'll try that, hope it's in English. Thanks
 
Scooter trash said:
:o :o Figured out how to use the site, exact same as the USA one.

Lol yeah I guess that's not as easy as I was thinking. I figured eBay Japan would have an option to browse in english. I guess everything doesn't revolve around the US :)

Scooter trash said:
Wire looms for many Hondas, were used for several different years in a row, with the same year tag. I know this because I used to work in a Honda shop as a mechanic in the 60s.

This is very interesting. I wonder why Honda would even bother to put a year on the wiring loom then if they knew that it didn't mean anything.
 
Back
Top Bottom