Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

uqe5yhyn.jpg
21.97 whp out the gate on t4 have a misfire happening through the rev range loose wire to EI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasstar said:
the cb175 had 12-14 whp we are shooting for 20 plus whp...now I am an uphiller living in Texas ;)

Well looks like you're going to have to set your sights a little higher :D
At what point will the trans have trouble keeping up with the crank?

da6y9uhu.jpg
we sanded the frame where the ground was made two good runs 23.28 whp @ 10k was continuing to make power and our electrical demon came back...enter stage right Sparckmoto's wiring harness to the rescue!

Never had to change jets...used the ones Teazer sent us 115's that last Dyno was on U4.4.

I think it is the dyna snap connector...we pulled Zeke's tank with the T4 fuel and looked at the wiring. The snap connector to the dyna was unsnapped...if it was timing related wouldn't it do it every run? The video above was the right side runs 5/6 on they Dyno sheet.

We found one problem...this is how far we were advanced. We are set on F with the strobe and this is how far we were advanced...thank God for high octane fuel.

4ugazypa.jpg

xb33bsa said:
good catch, the fat mark was the over-advance mark ?
yes if you line the black line on the dyna with the far black line that is how far advanced we were. Zeke caught it. He said dad let me do it...I was using the strobe light only and he hit the button that stabilized the strobe and said Dad look at this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
esune4y9.jpg

All I know is it pulled like a beast with that much advance I guess it will give us something to play with on the dyno

I am researching everything that can cause a performance issue with the electrical system and a random erratic firing like we saw on the dyno. First at the last minute I sent back the 3ohm dyna coil because I read reviews that the dyna s didn't like that coil. So we are running a 5 ohm dyna coil and the gl1000 dyna s ignition. Here are some issues I have found we may have... http://www.randakksblog.com/spark-plug-tricks/

We are total loss...no charging system no regulator and rectifier

The Taylor wires are suppression core + non resistor caps + irridium plugs = problem

Not the correct plug gap for irridium plugs = performance loss

I observed the Battery vibrating and moving all over the place when we were setting the timing.

I don't know how to use an oscilloscope....

I was told all the connections on a race bike need to be soldered.

If you look at the dyno you can see we had a couple of good runs and then it seems something either vibrated loose or is heating up?

As always your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim our dyno guy says it is not a timing issue because of the erratic nature however we did set the timing back to F. He thinks it is a wiring issue. Now can the mechanical advance be causing this erratic nature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the mechanical advance will be locked solidly in full advance soon after it opens as rpm rise
why are you using resistor plug wires ? go to copper stranded

Back
Top Bottom