My cb360t cafe project

Those collars should be $5-6 each at your local Honda dealer. I've been ordering some stuff from Western Honda if my local dealer couldn't get something. Western Honda sells those for $4 and domestic shipping should be reasonable.

Don't forget ebay as well, I look at the MISC bolts listings all the time. 30$ gets you all kinds off good stuff because breakers just take whatever bolt, nut, screw, and small part that fell off as they are tearing down and toss them into a box.

Just have to look through a few pictures to see if what you want is in the pile.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-18233-369-000.html

this look right?
Thats a lot better $$. Also i did call my Honda guys and they can get me them for like 5$ for one so i have 2 good options. Thanks OJ!

it was cheap turtle wax. but i think the blue painters tape was the trick. came off in one piece and the mold was still good!

I was doing some electrical today and remembered that the LED blinkers wont work without changing the flasher unit. anyone know of a cheap one they would recommend?

also if im not running a starter do i need to keep the starter solenoid thing? ill upload a pic of what im talking about.

Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 270
Nope not needed unhook it, take that wire with the red marker and connect it to the battery.

Got her running today! I know I know I should have done that first. ::)
The crappy petcock was leaking so bad. It's brand new too. I had to file it down to get it to seal. The gasket in the left carb also leaked a little so I'll be changing those. I also need to figure out how to re jet for pods and Utah elevation!? I'm lost.

On a side note my dad had these sportster exhausts in the garage. They don't look bad at all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 270
New headlight on. Things might even go slower now... School an work are crazy.
I would still love any insight to properly jet the carbs as well???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 282
The stock carbs? You don't get too much to play with. Secondary mains and float height are about your only options without going too crazy.

Sonreir said:
The stock carbs? You don't get too much to play with. Secondary mains and float height are about your only options without going too crazy.

Thanks sonreir. Yeah. Stock carbs and 2 to 2 exhaust. So I've read that 20mm is the height to go with the floats but I'm just wondering what secondary mains to go with. I'm in Utah so elevation is high as well.

It's been awhile since I've been able to do anything but I got the electrical all hooked up. Everything seems to work except the blinkers just come on and stay on they don't blink. (I'm assuming my new flasher unit I bought isn't working?) and second the right coil is getting hot when the key is turned on!?!? Any ideas?

Coils will definitely get hot when key is on but bike isn't running. Don't do that. :p

And yeah... if no flashing then usually it's the relay. Especially if you've changed the signals.

Thanks I'm sure that's exactly what it was because I was testing everything with the key on!
I put the stock flasher unit and all the stock lighting on to see if I could get it to flash and it did. So I guess the "led flashers" I bought don't really work.

cb360tj said:
Thanks I'm sure that's exactly what it was because I was testing everything with the key on!
I put the stock flasher unit and all the stock lighting on to see if I could get it to flash and it did. So I guess the "led flashers" I bought don't really work.

If it's a two pin flasher, try swapping the gray and black wires. It definitely needs to be hooked up the correct way around.

Thanks sonreir I will try that. I fried one already. Little smoke came out haha.

Also if my headlight isn't brighter when the motor is on and revving does that usually mean a charging issue?

Back
Top Bottom