1981 CX500 Cafe Racer the 3rd, you ready for this?

sorry it is the cx builds i know you can do well with a cookie cutter

in fact i am so bored with them i officially stopped cranking cxs out

in january

downtown809 said:
I have been putting the cx together while I wait for wheel bearings to arrive so let me share the hows and why of turn signals. I like having them as I can keep my hands on the bars and be better seen. I like these as they are small, bright and being black they blend in with the frame, I get them at Cycle Gear.

On the cx the rear hole is already in the frame in a great spot so I drill out the hole and tap it to accept the light stud. Hand tight only if they are pointing in the wrong direction i install the supplied lock washer and it rotates the orientation 180 degrees.

The headlight bucket is threaded for the stud already but I drill out one side so I can install a nut inside to keep it tight so it stays in adjustment.

Getting close to ready as this is all I can pickup. I am itching to drop it onto the motor and bolt it together but I don't want that much weight on the bare front forks.

I need to rethink my turn signal selection.
They are bright but for the price the bulbs should last a little longer and after taking them apart to change the bulbs I am wondering how in the heck do you replace them without destroying the bulb...

Back
Top Bottom