Lil' Brat build

Been a while since I've thrown anything up here... Been busy! Eventually got the bike back together but... the electrics were messed up. Probably by me!! So the only way out was to get the bike down to my local shop to get sorted. Been in there over the xmas break so should be on the road in a few weeks.

Getting the bike down to the garage was hilarious. I thought doing it early meant there would be nobody around. I thought wrong, had to squeeze the bike into a half full lift!!! The building manager already authorised it, but the oldies in the lift didn't have a clue. They just stared the whole ride down. I just stared back and gave them a "Morning."

lil' brat build by beachpunk, on Flickr

Thanks dudes. Sorting the electrics was a hassle. I thought I had everything right until I connected up the batteries and the starter went off! No oil or fuel in the engine! Shat myself.

Even considered asking for help on here. Taking step by step photos of the wiring and getting the people who know their sh*t to step me through! Too late now.

Paying for the experts to sort it.

laugh! that sounds scary. I had someone wire up my first bike, but i couldnt work on it myself after that because i had no idea what went to where. cant blame ya though. shits a pain in the ass.

hay mate bike looks killer, just a question mate where abouts did you get the indicators from??? I’ve been looking everywhere but cant source them.

Hey nice build, very clean. Its called braided sleeve and you can get it from www.cableorganiser.com and it's heat shrink on the end by the terminal? hope this helps, again nice build...

Braided sleeve indeed. If you're in Australia, you can also pick up a pack from MCAS for about $40. Comes with heat shrink tubing as well. Or look for it on eBay.

Finally got the beast up and running reliably. Back on the road. Shame the summers over!!!!

Posted some posh photos up here - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36992.msg400658#msg400658

Back
Top Bottom