Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

crazypj said:
Lani makes the gaskets.
Probably does a load more for cars than for bikes?
If someone doesn't use Coppercote it will leak after a few months/10,000miles which isn't particularly high mileage for a car but is quite a lot for a small bike
I didn't mean to throw Lani under the bus his instructions say to anneal clean and spray with copper coat or some other sealer...somebody told me to use sealer around the journals but not like that...just around the oring...it was my mistake and I will take my lashings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked the cam degreeing and we were off one tooth glad
We double checked. We are getting closer to firing this gal up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6e9yjequ.jpg

8ere8u8e.jpg
jahyzyru.jpg

Anyone want to guess how much we will need to jet up from lucky...we will start out rich ;)

http://youtu.be/XOQDNGVfiNk thanks guys we raise our cups and say a toast to y'all!

Texasstar said:
http://youtu.be/XOQDNGVfiNk thanks guys we raise our cups and say a toast to y'all!

Battle cry Zeke I heard it! Very nice guys!! You guys zipped her up quick. Woohoo!

What music fills my ears and overwhelms my sight and thought? This sensation grips my mind and holds it captive to experience it and wonder. What natal cry it releases, innocent and yet a guttural challenge of life.

Duchat said:
What music fills my ears and overwhelms my sight and thought? This sensation grips my mind and holds it captive to experience it and wonder. What natal cry it releases, innocent and yet a guttural challenge of life.

Ha!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Crazy

Duchat said:
thanks Dutch...and mom says, "your phone is full" we ran out of room right after the "battle cry" oh well what you missed was Zeke's snide remark..."I guess degreeing the cam 20 times was worth it dad" we also had the left right rear stud bolt loose just in case to check oil flow and it looked like we struck oil in Texas! We will save the big megaphones for later!

simo said:
Good stuff! I lost track of what's inside Victoria but love those slippers.
thank Simo...Zeke said she revved right up to 6k and he held it and mom said, "I could feel the compression all through my being." I think Dutch captured the experience in words perfectly! We put 150's in the Mikunis and statically timed it and she fired the second time after we pulled the other choke! Zeke walked into the shed later with a beer in a mug and I said," thanks son." He said, "this isn't for you dad it is for me!" And then he said, "just kidding!" He was so excited he poured my beer and spilled it LOL.

Is that the cb200 ball bearing head? You drilled the cam oil hole ...? If you're using the 200 cam it shouldn't matter since it will oil like a 200 through the cam. enjoy the beer and let Zeke stay up :D

simo said:
Is that the cb200 ball bearing head? You drilled the cam oil hole ...? enjoy the beer ;D
no this is the the 200 head we were going to section. We used it as a Guinea pig to see how much we could deck. We did drill a hole for the cam bearing. We have a 175 head with the bearing conversion that has potential of 10.5:1 compression.
However the 200 head will support 30hp on its cfm air flow.

On assembly I manually pushed the cam chain tensioner till all slack was out of the chain...it was about a 1mm more to be flush with the guide. Just a few notes: the Cappellini cam tensioner sprocket needs to be lifted so as not to be pinched by the head on assembly. We also pulled the center pulley and spread the tensioner slightly to let the wheel spin freely. This also gave less free play to the mounting point of the tensioner.

Back
Top Bottom