The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

I should have said it is very difficult to fit, and causes difficulties with after-market filters - especially the Lynx filter I propose using!

Crazy

yes...it was very difficult, it took me like an hour or two....i thoughy i was doing something wrong.

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Hi, I fitted a Shengwey to my Ace. It bolted straight on and came with a 98 main jet and runs fine. I'm running Std air filter, it must run a little richer at bottom end as it doesn't need as much choke now. One of the advantages of this carb is it has choke lever on carb, which means no cable to go wrong. Plus I can change L/H switch gear more easily.

Tad said:
which means no cable to go wrong

Can't see the point of handlebar choke levers. Even with the original carby it's easy to do without.

It was the second thing removed from mine, after the annoying side-stand switch!

Crazy

Hi guys, just a quick question. I have put new aftermarket indicators on, but the blink stupidly fast. So I thought right... different wattage. But they're both 10W. When I tried to put 21W bulbs on, it's fine. So now I have 21W front and 10W back. Do you think it's ok to have it this way? Cheers, Thomas

stroker crazy said:
It shouldn't result in any problems from an electrical standpoint, but the cause is a bit puzzling.

Crazy

Yes it's quite weird, but as long as it's not going to cause any problems, I am going to leave it like that ;-)

Thanks for your help Crazy!

Stickers have arrived for the Growler.

And yes, any euphemistic connotations are by design.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397373401.821736.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397373401.821736.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 266
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397373437.206019.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397373437.206019.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 256
does anyone know the spokes tension setting of our Ace?

im using Tusk torque wrench, 30ft-lb?40ft-lb?

joseph

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Not sure anyone will have a "genuine" Skyteam figure - including Skyteam ! ;)

Never used a spoke torque wrench but should think 30/40 ft - lbs way too much - maybe 30-40 in - lbs ??

Using a torque wrench on a Chinese bike is not always a good plan IMO - hard to get manufacturer torque figures and end up using Honda or "standard" figures that may not match the materials spec of the bike .

FWIW I use the appropriate sized ring spanner and pull on it until it seems appropriate - have been doing it a long while to good effect :D

Hello, I just bought a ACE 125 and the fuel tank is made of fiber, but I've seen in the ooracing store a tank made ​​of steel, this is correct? did the tanks have changed over the years of production or are all made of fiber?

Back
Top Bottom