74 CB360T Rookie Build

Lookin right man! Good riding weather.

Is that seat reupholstered or a nice original?

"Broke the mirrors off his Cadillac because he doesn't like it looking like he looks back."

Thanks bud. Original foam and pan, nos cover. Going with something like this next...
a70e44270d88c52753440b29b706a770.jpg

34881fb5719fe2fa9ea08b472878db3f.jpg

Rear looks better with small mudguard.
Front needs rounding off though, 'square cut' always looks what it is, hacked ;)

Yeah the rear is what was left of the front. Will probably use the curve on the rear as a template for the front. Need someone to cnc me a nice fork brace so i can just do away with it haha. ;)

I don't have CNC but I can make them
Here's pic's of unfinished MkI & Mk II
CB360forkbraceMkIandMkIII.jpg

360 forks and brace on CB350. This was real quick so has spacers (unfinished so square edges ubderneath)
Fork%20brace%202.jpg

Fork%20brace%201.jpg

Brendons 360 with brace he wanted
CB360%20fork%205.jpg

CB360%20fork%206.jpg

Yeah we've talked about you mak8ng one for my 360 but havent seen pics yet. They look good, similar to the tarozzis that they dont make for the 360 haha. Whenever you can fit me in I'll take one. Looks like on the 360 you had to take the forks apart to slide it on? Or does it have bolts on both sides like the 350 and tarozzis?

Remove forks, much stronger and rigid set up even if slightly more difficult to fit.
You wouldn't believe the difference compared to stock fender brace/mount
From the front the one on CB350 'charity bike' looks like it is part of the fork (clamps painted black)

Lots of kinks to iron out with these bars/controls. Wirings all good but my cables are all wrong haha Working backwards on this one. Need to sort out my new brake line and banjo bolt, new throttle pull cable, also the cluch isnt grabbing its like its barely touching, just able to move the bike. Guessing just an adjustment on the clutch cable by the lever since its the only thing thats been touched.

This is what happens when you get excited and don't plan. Cant ride, gotta wait on parts now. At least the bars look better haha

Back off the cable and do adjustment on outer cover first, it's not usually done properly

So i have a 12 and a 10mm nut on the outer cover wheee the cable runs. They spin as one and are tight against each other. Am i safe to assume righty tighty? Since its barely grabbing i tighten it?

It used to grab at the top of the lever travel, thus allowing just a flick to disengage. I like it up there so i dont want to over do it and have to squeeze the lever down to the grip to disengage.

Yep for the cable adjuster but you have to have the slotted screw and 12mm nut in middle of cover set first.
The way it's set now is almost certain to make clutch slip, there is a reason it pulls all the way to bar

Re: 74 CB360T Rookie Build

Hmmm... makes sense. Heres a pic of it now, does this look right? I havent adjusted anything and arent exactly sure now what wrench to turn next
fabbac406dde6d973e12086b12bad38b.jpg

The circled adjuster. Is used to set the ball against push rod. I will have to re-read procedure in the manual. Its been quite a long time since I messed w all that. Guys tend to make it more difficult than it really is though. Read the manual. It has pictures and everything.

I think you will loosen nut. Then turn it out a bit. then turn it back in just until you feel (resistance) thats the ball contacting the push rod.

run the handle bar adjuster "3/4 of the way in" this will give you the most "fine tweaking" (adjustment in the event cable stretches over time) after the case end is adjusted.

On the case end of the cable. Turn it so cable end gets closer to case. pull clutch lever, and see how it feels. In the end it will have approx 1/2 inch of free play before you feel resistance in clutch actuation. The 1/2 inch of free play lets you know the cable isnt so tight that its pulling the clutch without your hand on it.

Start turning the adjuster nut on the case end of cable to raise cable sheath. A turn at a time. Squeeze lever, feel the action. If you get to the point it "pops" when squeezed...youve gone too far. You want maximum clutch linkage actuation without going so far as to "pop" the 3 ball thingy into the next set of divots.

then you will turn your attention to the cable adjustment above. If you dont have the 1/2 inch of free play run the adjuster in. If you have more than 1/2 inch turn it out a bit at a time. squeezing clutch lever. If it pops, youve gone too far. re-adjust case end of cable to give yourself a bit less throw.

See clear as mud. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom