Post a pic of your latest purchase

Gave in to the HF lift. Foot pump model (not too bad and requires no power or air line) The lift is decent, needs a few chunks of square tube welded in to stabilize it more and some sharp edges need to be softened, the plan is also to tack a piece of 1/4" steel tube the full length of the top edge on both sides of the table to avoid losing a finger if something was to drop. Lastly the reviews show the cylinder can fail, but the fix is in to replace it with a better one when the time comes, but usually a re packing and good hydro oil fixes a cheap jack.

Attachments

• _20150629_183719.JPG
    _20150629_183719.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 202
Certainly no shortage of good used cylinders (air or hydraulic) on eBay, that's for sure. A good two-way with that lift could be real fun.

For $320 out the door after a $400 off coupon I really don't how I could justify the Handy Lift.

I have one more of the coupons left expires end of this month.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Gave in to the HF lift. Foot pump model (not too bad and requires no power or air line) The lift is decent, needs a few chunks of square tube welded in to stabilize it more and some sharp edges need to be softened, the plan is also to tack a piece of 1/4" steel tube the full length of the top edge on both sides of the table to avoid losing a finger if something was to drop. Lastly the reviews show the cylinder can fail, but the fix is in to replace it with a better one when the time comes, but usually a re packing and good hydro oil fixes a cheap jack.

Looks awesome, dude

Wish I had the dough, but I need one now for my already fucked 22yr old back and neck. My plan is to keep up in the free ad's in CL for scrap lumber and take care of business.

Finally organized my area that I've been given in my GF's parents garage. Put work in on his 60 yr old house often when he needs it and there are no complaints either way for the space. Solid relationship (I'm very thankful).
0290c59678581c05484907bce6fbbf29.jpg
bdd1fcc06ce7a60d1ff093afb33e13a9.jpg
2bed4055f585cef6513cab6b897def6f.jpg

Once the shed is built by August he told me to, "Build that Moto bench...There'll be room for the both of us to use!". I'll make a project thread when I knock that out. It'll be winged because I'm prideful and stubborn.

Tune-A-Fish said:

Love that bike man! Nice!!

Tune-A-Fish said:
Lastly the reviews show the cylinder can fail, but the fix is in to replace it with a better one when the time comes, but usually a re packing and good hydro oil fixes a cheap jack.

If you haven't yet, check the pump to ensure it CAME with oil. Most of them are empty and a lot of the failures out there are because people ran them without oil forever or for awhile. Mine was bone dry when I got it.

JSJamboree said:
If you haven't yet, check the pump to ensure it CAME with oil. Most of them are empty and a lot of the failures out there are because people ran them without oil forever or for awhile. Mine was bone dry when I got it.

That is a good point for sure!! they might avoid a shipping fee for zero hazmat or just that cheap. I will check it out tonight, thanks for the up 8)

technicully it is not a cylinder but a ram get in the habit of using the mechanical stops so as to relive the constant pressure on the sealing cup and it should help extend life/ i have the same unit knock on wood

xb33bsa said:
technicully it is not a cylinder but a ram get in the habit of using the mechanical stops so as to relive the constant pressure on the sealing cup and it should help extend life/ i have the same unit knock on wood
Technically, it's a ram cylinder. It's not wrong to say hydraulic cylinders or air cylinders. In either case, they're actuators.

xb33bsa said:
Technically, it's a ram cylinder. :eek: It's not wrong to say hydraulic cylinders or air cylinders. In either case, they're actuators.

Gunna build a killer bratt café chopper fighter custom tracker.
Budget $400
Should take 2.3 weeks.
Taking it apart day one.

surffly said:
Gunna build a killer bratt café chopper fighter custom tracker.
Budget $400
Should take 2.3 weeks.
Taking it apart day one.

Cool the Norty would make a sweet dual sport with a BMW single swinger and some CRF450 forks and disks all around... but the purists would gut you for it... even though they have no skin in it ;)

A friend wrecked his CBR so I will use the forks from that.
Read a thing on pipeburn that said R1 shocks are super cheap and work great. Saw some build threads and it seems like a simple install with a small bracket. Maybe for my birthday my mom will get me that welder from harbor freight. I think I have a coupon for it too!
After that I will make it my own by painting it flat black.
Anyone have some positive reviews of those firestone rep tires? they look killer.
Not worried about performance as the bike will just be for hanging out with. I am not racing, and if I wanted to go fast I would buy a modern bike anyway.

While I am trying to hit every newbie BS line in the book.....I have sinned for real a bit.....

I kinda like this.....
031_zpsrxklytvl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom