KZ550- Iron Geek K Zeta

PeteyWash

Been Around the Block
Hello to all,

So the typical story. I've been creeping around here for a bit looking for some inspiration, and finally sold my cb350f (miss it already) in order to start a project with my friend...........
so I got a kz550.

The plan is to do a brat style mixed with a cafe racer.
Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• kz.jpg
    kz.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 338
Re: KZ550 Raggedy Anne

How she stands after an oil change....... bout to get chopped up

Attachments

• rip_it.jpg
    rip_it.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 355

Oh the dreaded Taikei carbs! haha, gotta love em. Good luck man, there's a few of us with kz550's, holler if you need any help. Looking forward to see how you chop her up! ;)

I'll be watching this one. Currently working on a CB450t but I have an '83 KZ550 in the garage that I'm hoping to get to next summer.

2011-11-19_15-19-55_49.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Nice.
Yeah mine is a 1980, but I hope to bring out the best in her. I checked out what the WrenchMonkees did with some of theirs and they look awesome...... Btw CB450's rule

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the long wait, but I finally got back to hacking on the bike last night. Took a picture of the bike before I had to go home to my wife, but after I left the shop 2 of my buddies went ahead and took the motor out. The whole motorcycle is amazingly dirty and grimy.... Anyways, on Friday I will be able to really dive into it and I promise that the action is about to crank up. Got a bunch of parts, so stay tuned.

Attachments

• kz_2.jpg
    kz_2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,445
Re: KZ550 KAFE ZETA

Ok Guys,
Finally some progress. Did some cleaning and prepped parts to be painted, but I'll let the pictures speek for themselves:

Attachments

• framey.jpg
    framey.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 341
  • mags.jpg
    mags.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,213
  • clean_parts.jpg
    clean_parts.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 338
  • crum_motor.jpg
    crum_motor.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,229

Really stoked on this set up.... going to be really clean..... race coils and a ballistic battery

Attachments

• coils_batt.jpg
    coils_batt.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 333

The part that changed the whole plan of the bike. I've heard of people building a bike around a tank but this tail (color, and all) is what this bike will be built around. I got this tail in a deal at a local swap meet. Me and my friend traded a cb200 tank and 30 bucks for this tail and a crazy old school front end...... I really love everything about this tail section

Attachments

• the_tail.jpg
    the_tail.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 307

nice man i was there i love that tail ,an the tank that was close to it .nice one more time .

Picked up a bunch up electrical parts for the bike as well. Going to change some switches and things around.... plenty more to come. Probably going to get some more work done on Monday

nerdsports said:
I say you BOB IT BRO!!! Some sweet 24" ape hangers and chrome everything...
..... You might be on to something there nerdsports

Did some more work..... First off I got to give credit to my man Wee Wee for the paint job he did on the mags. With the new tires they look mean

Attachments

• 1tire.jpg
    1tire.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 902
  • 2tire.jpg
    2tire.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 922

Took the pressure washer to the disgusting motor..... Don't fear those are the old spark plugs and all the holes are plugged up to keep the motor safe...... still needs some more cleaning before it gets painted

Attachments

• cleanmotor.jpg
    cleanmotor.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 274

last but not least... We got it down to the frame and I have an early mock up to get some people on board, for good or bad.... obviously the tank is going to be re-painted

Attachments

• framey.jpg
    framey.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 295
  • mock_up1.jpg
    mock_up1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 292

That tank and set look great together. Your man did I nice job on the wheels as well.

i'm on board, no lets see some more progress. :)

GK

Back
Top Bottom