help please

CaferacerMO

Been Around the Block
As you can see in the video, my bike will fire and pop but it won't fire up.
It takes a thousand kicks to finally get it warm enough to where it MAY idle..
I have spark.. It'll fire up and idle.. It just takes FOREVER and then when it does it sputters in stalls in first, second, and third..

Excellent video, but seriously sounds like you are dealing with dirty carbs and a lean situation maybe as a result of plugged jets.
;)

You are lean, my man. Try to adjust the idle screws before you take it apart to clean jets and such.

I adjusted the idle screw in until I could just barely seeing light through the slide, then I did one more turn.
Still having the same problem..

I have a 38 pilot jet in right now and I have a 40 I could swap in but I tried that already and it did nothing so I swapped back to the stock 38.

What carb/bike are you running. Are you sure you're not adjusting the air screw?

Kehein PW26
Next to positive im adjusting the right screw!
It's the screw in the middle of the carb that sticks out right?
Not the one flush with the carb closest to the engine side of the carb?

Did you screw the air adjustment screw in until it gets the highest possible idle then turn the throttle stop to the right RPM?

I can't see the video. what bike is this the KZ200? carb details?

Adjusting the "idle" screw won't help with air fuel mix and if in fact you are "lean", you won't be adding fuel to the mix with a turn of a screw, you can reduce/add air. I would start with shutting the fuel off and draining the bowl to see just how much fuel IS in there... me thinks unless you have done some carb work, you may have a sticky float or a chunk of shit in the inlet seat. And if you have done carb work/cleaning did you replace damaged/worn O-rings? Might be sucking air somewhere.

Basically... what is the baseline for last known good run conditions. And you did set valve lash, point and plug gap, check timing ohm out coils... fully charged battery... etc. ?

What's this have to do with it taking a million kicks to start though? When I got it this summer before I did the full build it was a one kick bike

Brand new plug and battery, PO said the valve clearance is fine, ignition timing is good..
I'll really dig into the carb and completely disassemble every bit of it and clean it today

Back
Top Bottom