1975 CB200T Cafe Build

Japjunk

Im a new member here but have been messing with hondas for a long time. I have a real nice CB200T that was given to me quite a while ago and just recently decided to do a cafe conversion on it. Im not sure how far i am going to do with it but a few things that I'm going to do for sure are the following:

*Lowered drag bars or clip ons
*Cafe style seat
*Powder coat everything (I own my own powder coating shop)
*Smaller low profile turn signals and brake light
*Make bike as light as possible
*Go through engine (only 3400 miles on the bike so wont expect to have to do much other than clean and tweek
*New sport tires

I'm sure there will be more but thats all I can think of right now. I plan on documenting the entire process here. Please feel free to add options, suggestions, and help here as I go along. Im not sure how fast the progress will be as I do have a powder coating business to run as priority but hopefully I can get it done for this spring.

Heres a pictures of it before, during, and the results of the tear down:

Attachments

• cb200teardown3.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 876
Re: CB200T Cafe Build

Below is the seat i bought for the build from Glass from the Past as well as a wheel i powder coated and polish for a friend of mine. I plan on doing the same thing to my 200 wheels. I just got done cutting the old seat hinges, helmet hangers, and inner rear fender of the frame. I need to figure out a good way to mount the seat to the frame that still allows for access to the battery as well as all the factory electronics/fuses. Any suggestions?

I think I have the same seat.

Those wheels look great. I'm just now trying to figure out what I'm going to do with mine.

Great work man! Be watching this one too. Where are you located?

I'm located in Rockford, IL. Well here are a few pictures of the wheels tore apart and some of the cutting i did to the frame.

Anyone have any experience with the motobits rearsets? Im looking at using those for this bike.

I just ordered some the other day and am waiting for them to come in the mail. If you email the guy with the model and maybe a quick pic of the frame near the mounting area he will help out every way possible. Heck of a nice guy.

You can either make up a brace to use your stock passenger peg area to mount the motobits.

Or do what "cb200 remix" did with his.

Motobits are incredible. No brainer

yeah that cb200 remix build is a heck of a bike! I dont know if im going to go that crazy nice but im going to try to make a nice clean bike. I own a powder coating shop so i am relying on my powdering skills over my fab skills to make this bike look good. Curbcast what do you mean by making up a brace for the stock pegs? Is there a thread i can look at?

Also what do you guys use to mount your fiberglass seats?

Whatever it takes to hold them down! Seriously, could use the stock mounting hardware, double sided velcro tape, I think somebody even mentioned embedding magnets into the fiberglass. I'm sure there are other options too.

I have the motobits on mine and I'm not all that handy. I made a little cut on the passenger peg brace and they fit right on. It's all in the directions they provide. The rear-sets are great and have almost endless adjustment to get them right where you like.

the 200 frame is different at the passenger pegs. The rearsets are bolt on for a 175, but need work to mount on the 200.

"cb200 remix" had his mounted the makeshift way until he welded on the tab. Ask him?

Well its been a while but I have some progress to show you all...

DSC01500.jpg

I've decided to mount the rearsets similar to the remix bike so off with the passenger brackets..

DSC01499.jpg

Welded on seat brackets and cut some sheet metal to make a upper inner fender to mount my electronics and protect the bottom of the seat.

DSC01483.jpg

Heres a mockup with the seat and tank installed. Im going to increase the angle that the seat goes up on the bottom of the hump so that i can mount a led brake/signal light/license plate bracket under the seat.

DSC01501.jpg

My cylinders powder coated black with polished fins. My head will look the same with polished valve covers and silver powder coated side covers.

Now in process is to order the motobits rearsets and weld on some metal brackets for them to mount. I have wheel hubs polished, the spokes powder coated, and waiting to powder coat the rims to be able to put the wheels together. Finish powder coating the engine parts. Then powder coat the frame and suspension parts. A lot to do but things should start going faster here soon.

Japjunk said:
DSC01499.jpg

Welded on seat brackets and cut some sheet metal to make a upper inner fender to mount my electronics and protect the bottom of the seat.

Great idea.

Steve

Just finished powder coating some of the engine cases! Should have the engine back together sometime next week along with the wheels.

DSC01507.jpg

you bastard, stole my idea for the cylinders!!!!!!

gah, i knew i should never post my intentions online. at least i know it will look good.

is it high temp powder or something? polished the edges and then powdered or vice versa?

Rocan said:
you bastard, stole my idea for the cylinders!!!!!!

gah, i knew i should never post my intentions online. at least i know it will look good.

is it high temp powder or something? polished the edges and then powdered or vice versa?

Haha.. Actually I own a powder coating shop and I have been doing this for many years. It does look awesome. I powder coat the part then polish the edges, makes a nice clean edge. Its standard powder, which is good up to ~450+ degrees. If the cylinders get any hotter than that I have other problems.

Japjunk said:
Haha.. Actually I own a powder coating shop and I have been doing this for many years. It does look awesome. I powder coat the part then polish the edges, makes a nice clean edge. Its standard powder, which is good up to ~450+ degrees. If the cylinders get any hotter than that I have other problems.

sounds good. hand polished or wheel? i would think that the wheel would put dull spots into the powder near the edges that your polishing.

how much would you charge for that? im looking to get it done but want to see what cost im looking at.

....For a the 200 you are looking at around $100.00 for the cylinder(s). Its quite a lot of work, blasting, masking, powder, bake, then polish. Its so worth it though. Just getting ready to do the same to the head, should look great! Will post pictures when im done.

Well I just got my engine back together after giving it a nice powder coat and polish treatment. The engine didn't even have 3500 miles on it and looked brand new inside but it was pretty dirty and very stock looking on the outside.

Here is the before shot:

DSC01493.jpg

And after shots:

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom