Project Spartan: Completed (another CB360)

Should the handlebars be flat black or chrome?

• Flat Black

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Chrome

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: CB360: Spartan POLL: black or chrome?

C'mon...only 6 votes for chrome?? It matches any paint color! ( I know black does too!)

I found that craftsman made a locknut wrench:

DSC02066.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

I personally don't like spending tons of money on a single purpose wrench. I had a few extra sockets lying around so there was no big loss with this.

I measured with calipers to see what size the notches were then roughly cut away with a dremel until it fit. It is crude, but it works.

Great work on the wrench. I ended up borrowing one for a buddy. Got it back together with the exception of the o-ring on the filter. It was missing when I took it apart so I ordered one online...always something.

66replica said:
Thanks for the input guys. They're going black.

Here's what I did tonight. I have some more time to work tomorrow.

Finally got a good mount together for the rear sets. I *think* they're going black too.
af75ee65.jpg

I'd put the front rod end to the inside of your shifter arm, might clean up the lines a bit.

SpottheDogg said:
I'd put the front rod end to the inside of your shifter arm, might clean up the lines a bit.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

The Red Wonder said:
It is crude, but it works.

Mine's even cruder, but I did a similar thing for the steering stem nut:
steeringStemNut.jpg

I chose the 'hot rod flat-black' option ;)

ian

Quick update:

Chain guard mounted:
77987fbe.jpg

Oil pump in place, engine cover/kick start on:
8eb1272e.jpg

Currently working to solve my brake linkage woes while waiting on my brake lines, brake shoes, brake sensor, linkage piece for my shifter, and fuel lines from DCC. Should be starting her up soon!

Re: CB360 Spartan: 98% Finished!

I dig the hell out of your build! Love the color combo, keep up the solid work.

Your bike is looking Beautiful man!! Can I ask what shift lever you have on there?
Kev

tweakin said:
I dig the hell out of your build! Love the color combo, keep up the solid work.

Thanks, man. Means a lot coming from a dude with so many cool builds.

stik70 said:
Your bike is looking Beautiful man!! Can I ask what shift lever you have on there?
Kev
It's Raask. To be honest, they're terrible quality. I'd go with another brand or make my own if I was doing it again.

The bike is running! She's a bit rich but I'm working on fixing that soon. Also, it doesn't run quite so well with the LiPo4 battery so I'm going to build a small battery box to mount where the center stand used to go. Might be able to fit a 7AH under there.

Been waiting on parts FOREVER from DCC but they *should* be here tomorrow. Once I get those I can plumb my brake lines, do a final mount for my rear sets, mount my switches on the bars and cut the bars down.

I'll be riding soon!

Nice project man!

I'm using the same Air filters at my CB360, but I can't get him running properly. Tried, 110 and 120 main nozzle's? (don't know die right English word). She runs the best without the filters and the original size. Looks like I need to go down, instead of up. Maybe 90...?

Let me know what your experience is!!

Do you have the actual K&N filters or the EMGO knock offs?

66, can you measure the tank at it widest point and at the knee dents please? Thanks.

66replica said:
Do you have the actual K&N filters or the EMGO knock offs?

I'm using aftermarket cheap ass filters, probably thats the problem! Your using K&N filters? Wich diameter?

that bike looks awesome. f**kin beautiful! i love it

Marc said:
I'm using aftermarket cheap ass filters, probably thats the problem! Your using K&N filters? Wich diameter?

I'm running the RC-1060 filter. I think they're around 49mm.

It's still a bit rich. I'm going to move my secondary main down a size or two.

Here's a video of it starting up. No choke.
starting her up

I got my handlebars drilled for switches today, going to shorten them a bit as well. Slow but steady.

Nice! Sounds alot like mine without mufflers. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom