small 2 stroke honda h100 cafe and suzuki gp

:) so i have been thinking of making a small cc racer/ cafe my own frame with a yamaha 100 motor i picked up plus lots more parts i had picked up for the start of a build. ...........but...........
i come across a honda h100 for next to nouthing so thats my next project. should be much quicker to get it on the road
i spent some time sorting out the wiring and cleaned the carb. (thats on its last legs). kicked it over it started well and pulled strong so i was happy and was very quick for small cc . :) the bike is really is a mess just how i seem to get all my projects :mad: :mad: but should come up well with some time. ;D

plans are to get it as light as possebel with out spending to much cash

speed hole everthing
just run pre mix only
chop all the tabs off the frame weld some gussets if needed
maby stretch the tank
clipons
maby new piston/rings if needed
bearings bushes what evers needed :-X :-X

Re: small stoker honda h100 cafe

started to strip it

DSCF8388.jpg

DSCF8390.jpg

DSCF8378.jpg

DSCF8386.jpg

DSCF8382.jpg

I hope by run premix only that you mean your ditching the oil holder?

looks like a fun project... I wouldnt bother stretching the frame... a stretched swingarm, Maybe, but honestly you wont really have much of a problem getting the power to the ground.

Id keep the tank pretty short and keep the bump stop short also... might be a little compact but it will look damn sweet on that small bike.

yea ditch the oil tank wont be stratching the frame or swing arm want to keep the wheel base short. only thinking to stratch the tank to give it that cr long race tank look :-\ and like you said with a very small bum stop its really :) funny :)working on this thing as its just the same as working on my bigger cb and kz but the parts are 100 time smaller.
the bike is really light as stock. i could neally lift it over my head ;D and i am not that strong ;D

It's cool to see a lot more 2-smokers on here. I like your idea of keeping everything super light. Personally, I would put some expansion chambers on the thing. Also, you could save some weight by running a mono shock in the rear. That would be really cool. Have a look at RD250 tanks. I think that would work really well for you.

Finally, I'd be a bit concerned about that front drum brake. But I love how skinny everything is.

--Chris

Gnarly man, these things are the choice of the Superlite category racing here in Australia and can put out over 20 horses! Fella had one that put out 17 and he used it as a daily rider as well as a track bike. Light, nimble, fun...good buy.

Be interested to see where this goes - boingk

yea i checked the bike out on the internet before i got it to see what people say about them and i see thy are raced. and there's lots of power from the small cc motor could not fined much more info tho . :mad:
it flew when i took it for a test run and i am a big big 2 stroker fan have lots of mx bikes. i all so have a spare ktm 300 motor but that would be insane :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: in that tinny bike if i like it once its finished i will re lace the wheels with alloy rims with a bigger hub and i read that rgv 250 pipe fits with some easy work :) was all so thinking mono shock with an rd swing arm and shock but if i did do it it will be next winter and if parts pop up cheap.

so, no one has mentioned what appears to be blood all over the engine, and some other parts... what is that?

go! said:
so, no one has mentioned what appears to be blood all over the engine, and some other parts... what is that?

pretty sure thats 2 cycle oil.

my 2 stroke oil never looked that red, i guess it's just my computer

ha its just red paint i think there are 3 different pant jobs on it so far that have all been paint brushed on. it was sliver then red now black . :eek: bitch to strip off with paint stripper been working away on it drilled the hubs and controls and now about ready to grinding off all the tabs on the frame then paint strip the whole thing and mabey try and figure out some rear sets but i cant see no easy way of mounting them ???

Man this brings back some memories! this looks like a Honda 50 that was my first ride preteens in the 80's im looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Cheers Andycafe

Neat little bike.
Hope you go for a more vintage racer look with it,round gauges,less gaudy stickers,better yet just a small,vintage Honda racing wing on each side of the tank,larger front end or wheel(CB175/200 drum/disc or 350 drum?).

My Hodaka 100 has a CB350 Hub laced to a 18" aluminum wheel. That hub is about TWICE the size of the old stocker and should haul the bike down very well. Hodakas have large for size rear hubs so that was left stock size and also laced to a 18" aluminum wheel.

yea am defo going to try for the vintage look.
i no what you are saying about the front drum i have a big drum wheel of an old honda but the Axel size is way to big :mad: as this bike has a tinny front axel.and forks :( i could get some spacers made up or change the bearings but i think it will just be as easy to fit a new front end. the forks are only 27mm but that will ill be next winter when the real mods take place ;D post up some pics of yours would love to see it :)

manchestermichael said:
yea am defo going to try for the vintage look.
i no what you are saying about the front drum i have a big drum wheel of an old honda but the Axel size it to big :mad: as this bike has a tinny front axel. :( i could get some spacers made up or change the bearings but i think it will just be as easy to fit a new front end. the forks are only 27mm but that will ill be next winter when the real mods take place ;D post up some pics of yours would love to see yours

Different front end would probably be the easiest route to go(CB175/200?).

My forks are stock Hodaka and work with the CB350 hub just fine.

Link below is my build page(need to update)
My Hodaka Ace 100 project!
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=2180.0

A few pics: Note front CB350 hub/Al. wheel
Picture_0652.jpg

Picture_0651.jpg

really nice bike i think i saw your bike somewhere i think on cafe.net and i loved it your bike was one of the ones that made me wont to play with a small cc racer :) love the peg mounts to . i don't think its going to be that easy to mount on mine .kick start in the way and pipe going to have to spend some time working it out alloy rims look killer to top little racer you have :)

manchestermichael said:
really nice bike i think i saw your bike somewhere i think on cafe.net and i loved it your bike was one of the ones that made me wont to play with a small cc racer :) love the peg mounts to . i don't think its going to be that easy to mount on mine .kick start in the way and pipe going to have to spend some time working it out alloy rims look killer to top little racer you have :)

Just about any bike will accept rear set mounts like mine as long as the frame comes down in a loop behind the engine cases.
Mine are mounts from the rear of a KZ550LTD. I cut the tubing the mounts were welded to,not just cut the mounts off. It's much stronger and you get much more surface area to weld to that way.

On your bike you would have to make off-sets in order to come out far enough to mount brackets onto since your rear cradle tube(s) are set farther in.

Here's a good shot of my mounts welded up and getting the welds smoothed down.
100_0273.jpg

Trial fit with brackets bolted up.
100_0281.jpg

All blended in and primed for paint.
100_0341.jpg

got some more time on the small honda

got the motor sorted cleand polished rebored to 125 new pistion and rings ported and polished new gaskits all round

new carb rebuilt polished flote bowl

striped and polished the forks new seals and oil

painted the wheels polished drilled brake plates

got the clipons mounted and controls serviced

tank primed had to put some deep bar dents in to clear the clipons and controls

half the frame striped

mounted the new crome headlight

things left to do glass my seat hide the batt under it

paint frame put in new taperd head set bearings

fliter

wiring

got a nice long alloy tank that will go on next winter along with rearsets