We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
front end rebuild, new blinkers installed and new headlight installed
still some minor details on the to do list for the front end but that can wait.
new intake rubbers for the carbs are also in so that's next on the to do list, then get it properly running and then go from there.
disassembled the other fork.
seals come out easy, ones you have done one the other is much easier to dismantle :)
a lot of dirt in between :
cleaned the internals, spray painted the lower part, next is to reassemble the fork.
but i first need to polish the upper part before i reassemble...
Nice build you have going on. i'm currently also modifying an LTD 440 and i'm just busy refurbishing the front forks.
Already have 1 completed but i can't find the amount of air pressure for these forks, do you perhaps now how much PSI these forks require?
I couldn't find it in the manual.
had some time available today so i started on the leaking front suspension.
removed the right fork and dismantled it.
before loosening the lower bolt i wanted to drain the oil, lesson learned during this exercise: release the air inside the tube prior to opening the oil drain screw!
my idea was...
still waiting on my new headlight, according to the track and trace it should be here a minute, but that whole Corona thing has set the postal company with delayed delivery.
And need to fine tune then the front shield to the new light, and then decide to keep it or store it.
time could become...
haven't done much lately due to family matters and stuff.
however going through all the treads on this forum and seeing all the bikes being "blinged and touched up" i decided it was also time to do some touch up work in the time i had available:
found a nice heat resistant matt black rattle can...
wiring is ok, re-taped most of it already. had the bike running but it didn't idle properly.
I already had the idea that the intake rubbers where done for, did a close inspection of these and yes new ones are on the way.
will need to replace these first to get the bike running properly. think...
cleaned out the wiring and rearanged it.
i will first test all the functions of the controls and stuff before i re-tape the wiring.
the glitch is already out of the blinkers so those are working again in good order, anyway new ones on the way.
painted the rear to get rid of some scuff...