We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
As far as updates, there isn't much but here is what I have and it is getting close. The dash/gauges are a little high in the pics and I need to fab up a bracket for them. I got the headlight on and some other things. The seat is supposed to be done soon and I'll have it on there.
Had a little time before I went into work for my 70 hr work weeks.
Roughly fabbed up what I'm going to use for the bracket for the mono shock top. I'm going to put an angle and end piece on the one with the open end and put the shock tabs on when welding. The bottom was much easier because the knuckle connects right at the lower portion of the frame that's already there so just two tabs welded onto that and that's done.
After this I just need the rear sprocket hub machined down a bit (I think the measurement was 4.3mm but it's written down at home) and MAYBE I'll flop that engine out and just rattle can enamel the frame and reassemble before spring. This one doesn't have much work left to be done
This makes me want a kz as well.
Just reading the whole thread and it`s turning out great
From spaceship to a motorcycle in no time
Blizzard payed of in garagetime
Looking forward to see the it complete!!
Keep it up
Great job on the bike! If you find you need to adjust the height in the rear, I have read where some people swap out different length "dogbones", on the rear suspension, and that can raise or lower the rear end depending on their length.
Got a welder and welded for the first time, after practice of course, on the girders for the tabs on the bottom side of the monoshock.
Painted the rear section of the frame since most of it has been changed, shaved, or added to and I don't want it to rust before I do the frame up right later.
Got new sprockets and chain mounted, I had to have a local machine shop take off 6mm from the sprocket hub even after I got the 3/8" offset front sprocket... I also bought the JT high performance X-ring chain for it. Not an o-ring. I think it lines up damn near perfectly now.
Just shoved all the electrics in the spot where I want them but the aren't organized yet. I also need to find a different battery, possibly smaller and definitely sealed. I may need to hide it sideways.
Got new levers and a new clutch line on and the sprocket cover on.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. It was a late night and a lot of work.
Ok, Been awhile so I'm going to bomb you with some photos and the bike running now.
It is finished and I'm going to ride it tomorrow. If plans stay and it doesn't freaking rain
I mocked up my electronics tray with cardboard then bent some aluminum to make the finial draft.
Got band new Michelin shoes.
rebuilt the forks and in the process one of the bottom bolts came free with the impact faster than I thought I it spilled on the floor. They were about half as full as they needed to be at 7oz and it was very very nasty... I've tried about 5 different brands of fork seals and this time I used all balls. Not impressed at all with KS, K&L, and bike master. OEM ones are nice if you can find them at all let alone a decent price.
I had to cut the sprocket cover in three places, one due to the FZR1000 swing arm, and to for the offset x-ring chain rubbing where it flairs inwards.
Used a CRF450 rear brake reservoir to conceal and conserve space and it turn out VERY nicely. I had to custom weld and make brackets for me to be able to actually use it though. ;D (clearances are SUPER TIGHT!!)