We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
The original was spot welded on. I was going to cross drill through the mount and the shaft and use a roll pin. However I’ve now drilled and tapped the shaft and used a screw up through the centre which is accessed by taking out the rose joint. I’ll post a picture later.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Life seems to get in the way of my project. I was hoping to have had it finished years ago, but hey there it is.
I’ve been dealing with something different recently, I have just bought a Honda CRF250RE for a bit of green-lane, enduro and MX riding. However the speedo/odometer has a broken mounting peg, which the previous owner has repaired.
I decided to use acetal, but then realised about nothing is able to glue this stuff, so I then tried nylon 6.6. Nylon can be glued, but the bond isn’t that strong. So I thought about another way to fix the problem.