2x stroke street tracker - project coming together slowly.

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
You know when things work out....well, I've just had a most interesting evening on the Honduki stroker project.

I spent my time aligning the parts I scored Saturday.

Swingarm - pivot boss width 215, frame internal dimension 205. losing 10 mm off the s/a will be a breeze.
Shocks - Rear shock top mounts will need extending (hope this is OK to do'?). L = 390mm approx.
Frame will need clearancing to avoid s/a contact, but I have a plan ;)
Forks - measured the stancions = 36mm, they went straight on, the stem is the correct length, new tapered bearing required. Steering stops wil work too.
Bars fit and are just right :)

Wheels: F - sits nicely with room for the disc. Caliper match shouldn't be too tricky. 20mm spacers required and axle.
R - Fits inside the s/a (loads of space) and will allow a wider section tyre and higher profile too. 30 & 60mm spacer needed but I still need an axle caliper mount bracket.
Sprocket - aligns nicely approx where the primary drive would sit (TBC).

So all good, which is unbelievable, I'm chuffed I have to say :)







 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
I bloody love the internet ;D

Facebook has it's detractors but, used in the right way it's brilliant.

Scoping a tank for the WTF200/2 project I reckoned a CB200 tank would fit the bill. Like the shape and size, think it'll squeeze onto the 400/4 frame and be a touch short, so I can have a seat to suit.

Being slabsided I'll not look too wide either and I like the slightly softened angular shape. The padded strip is staying along with the flip cap.

So, I'm a member of the VJMC on FB and posted if anyone had a CB200 tank in reaonable nick I'd be interested. Almost immediately a member posted images of a cleanish, straightish tank complete with padding, cap & badges (no petcock, no problemo).

Offered at a bargain price especially complete, so immediate PP payment and he's posting it to me...hurrah.





Clean inside too.



Can't wait to throw it on the frame and see what it looks like.
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Attended a major custom bike event yesterday, loads of fantastic bikes from established builders, both British and European custom shops.

http://thebikeshed.cc/bike-shed-london-2017/

Guess what? Hardly any 2smokers in the mix, when I say hardly any I mean maybe one or two. I tried to spot them but they were scarce.

So, I'm convinced my WTF200/2 smoker project will be 'different' to say the least, make me happy :)
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
NoRiders said:
You know when things work out....well, I've just had a most interesting evening on the Honduki stroker project.

I spent my time aligning the parts I scored Saturday.

Swingarm - pivot boss width 215, frame internal dimension 205. losing 10 mm off the s/a will be a breeze.
Shocks - Rear shock top mounts will need extending (hope this is OK to do'?). L = 390mm approx.
Frame will need clearancing to avoid s/a contact, but I have a plan ;)
Forks - measured the stancions = 36mm, they went straight on, the stem is the correct length, new tapered bearing required. Steering stops wil work too.
Bars fit and are just right :)

Wheels: F - sits nicely with room for the disc. Caliper match shouldn't be too tricky. 20mm spacers required and axle.
R - Fits inside the s/a (loads of space) and will allow a wider section tyre and higher profile too. 30 & 60mm spacer needed but I still need an axle caliper mount bracket.
Sprocket - aligns nicely approx where the primary drive would sit (TBC).

So all good, which is unbelievable, I'm chuffed I have to say :)




I love it when a plan works out ;)



I had an inkling the CB200 tank would suit my project.




What do you guys think, looks right I reckon.

 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Popeye SXM said:
I like the tank. I hope your good luck with parts holds out!

Thanks Popeye. I bag a bargin when I can and play the waiting game where possible as well as being a little flexible on what parts I want....but, I know I will have to spend proper money at some point...tyres being one expense I can think of.

Bike swap meets - I love them :)
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Mr Bernzo said:
Looks awesome to me!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

why thank you sir. I am rather pleased with how it's shaping up, given it's just a few parts thrown together ;)
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
I'll need to stop at some point, thought this system might come in handy ;)



It's still bled and works haha!
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Made some room in my man pit for a worktable so the engine can be torn down.

Head off and pistons off. Bores don't look too bad but not 100%. Clean pistons and new rings might sort it? Or rebore, new pistons etc hmmm?



Dirty little shit...



Think these light scores will be OK. 2smokers smoke right?





I'm not sure what I'm looking at, does it look complete on this side ? Any advice about these engines would be great, thankx.

Gears select.



Just need to get the flywheel off now.
 

farmer92

Coast to Coast
Were the cylinders bored out already?
There looks to be a fair bit of crosshatch visible on the walls.
I would look to make sure the edges of the ports are chamfered properly, specifically in line with those score marks.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
farmer92 said:
Were the cylinders bored out already?
There looks to be a fair bit of crosshatch visible on the walls.
I would look to make sure the edges of the ports are chamfered properly, specifically in line with those score marks.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Farmer.

The pistons measure 50mm so I think they are stock. The bores do look like they've been honed and the rings are grooved as well. I'll be paying attention to the ports and cleaning everything. Happily, my biker neighbour has years of twostroke experience :D
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Anyhoo...the engine wedged in place quite nicely I reckon.



The front mounts look like they'll line up with the brackets (or make new), either way, close enough :)



The rear engine mount should align with the Honda spigot.



Liking how it sits and fills the space without crowding it.



Thanx for checking in.
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
A few parts are winging their way to me :D

Including the rear axle spindle complete with adjusters, T pieces and caliper mount
for a bargain £15 ($20), hope it fits?



'Hope it fits' is a default on this project haha! So far so good.

Shopping list:

Clutch plates
Front axle spindle - Honda NSR to suit the wheel and I think the forks?
Piston/gudgeon pin circlips

Hope to pop the barrel and head into the machine shop for a hone and skim.

Just got off the 'phone to JT's in Swansea they have most of what I will need for the engine rebuild, great prices as well....mostly better than Ebay too. IE: £20 for a stk piston and rings inc VAT.

http://www.jtsmotorcycles.co.uk/shop/online-store/old-suzuki-parts.htm
 

CarbsAndCylinders

Careful With That Axe Eugene
The exhaust looks like it will be running quite close to the front frame downtube, I hope it doesn't damage the frame paint.
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
CrabsAndCylinders said:
The exhaust looks like it will be running quite close to the front frame downtube, I hope it doesn't damage the frame paint.

I did wonder how they would clear, but the image is deceptive as it makes the tube to be much fatter than it is. There's clearance, the same as the 200 frame had a single downtube before cradling under the engine. If heat is a problem, I can always fab a heatshield or wrap the downpipe in white wrap.

Interestingly, I may make my own zorst and use VW type1 exhaust J tubes as the down/up pipe before an expansion chamber system.
;)
 

CarbsAndCylinders

Careful With That Axe Eugene
NoRiders said:
I did wonder how they would clear, but the image is deceptive as it makes the tube to be much fatter than it is. There's clearance, the same as the 200 frame had a single downtube before cradling under the engine. If heat is a problem, I can always fab a heatshield or wrap the downpipe in white wrap.

Interestingly, I may make my own zorst and use VW type1 exhaust J tubes as the down/up pipe before an expansion chamber system.
;)


Cool!
 

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Rear axle spindle, adjusters and caliper mount arrived...all good, just needs a good clean up.



Q: Can I use racing wet tyres on the road? It appears some are and some aren't, is that correct, does it vary by make/model?
 

farmer92

Coast to Coast
I would assume you would get really shit mileage out of them.

Why does it need racing tires for a 200 a/c ? You want better grip with a narrower tire?

Can't wait to see this wee beasty finished btw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

farmer92

Coast to Coast
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/see-what-happens-when-you-use-wet-racing-tires-on-a-dry-track-video-99409.html


Aaaand then there's this


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom