CB160

I worked on the wheels some. I have the new tires mounted and should have a lot more done by the end of the weekend.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01657 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01657 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01658 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01658 (Medium).JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC01659 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01659 (Medium).JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 314
Little progress.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01660 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01660 (Medium).JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC01661 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01661 (Medium).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC01662 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01662 (Medium).JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 303
I had a day of vacation. I got a little more done. I ran out of steam before recovering the seat. Most things are done except for the engine.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01668 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01668 (Medium).JPG
    139 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC01667 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01667 (Medium).JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC01666 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01666 (Medium).JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC01665 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01665 (Medium).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 312
The seat's recovered and the exhaust shield has been worked on. I have more than an hour in the shield. There was a bracket broke loose on the pipe that I welded before attacking the shield.
The shield isn't like new but I started chasing dents so I quit for now.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01676 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01676 (Medium).JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC01675 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01675 (Medium).JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC01673 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01673 (Medium).JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC01672 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01672 (Medium).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 286
We have headlights and brake lights. Freshly bored cylinders, cylinder head cleaned up.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01677 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01677 (Medium).JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC01678 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01678 (Medium).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC01679 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01679 (Medium).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC01680 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01680 (Medium).JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 309
Looking great man! Love the clean red that you've got going on. If you're still having issues with the knee pads, just grab you some wintergreen oil. I use it on carb boots all of the time, and it will bring them back nice and pliable. And it won't damage the paint or the rubber. Keep it up man!

http://www.amazon.com/Wintergreen-essential-Oil-4-Oz/dp/B000NWGL6W
 
Looking good man. This is one bike that I need to aquire along with the 305 scrambler like my dad had.
 
Getting closer
 

Attachments

  • DSC01685 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01685 (Medium).JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC01684 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01684 (Medium).JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC01683 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01683 (Medium).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 322
On my '68 CB350 I boiled the rubbers for 5-8 minutes, then used the handle of a plastic baby spoon to pull everything around the pad holders and tuck the edges in.

I love the red and silver you've got going on, it's definitely eye catching!
 
That's a sharp looking CL160. There's some corrosion on that head. I'd take it to a machine shop and have 20 thou fly cut off that face just to make sure it seals.
 
Teazer, the corrosion is inside the sealing area. The head is flat so I'm giving it a try. I don't like the pock marks in the chamber but I know that it won't make any difference on a low comp. street motor. I'm 2 carb kits, 1 battery, and some polishing of the side covers on the engine away from riding. I could be riding it to Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for all the comments, guys.
 
Getting closer.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01686 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01686 (Medium).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC01687 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01687 (Medium).JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 296
I'm having problems with the cl exhaust. It came off a 175 and the pipes are a little larger. I'll have to do some work to adapt them. I put on the old pipes and here it is.
http://youtu.be/kk1SfDMwdtA
 

Attachments

  • DSC01688 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01688 (Medium).JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC01690 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01690 (Medium).JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 328
Probably the reason you 're having problems with the exhaust is the fact they're not CL175 exhausts - the factory exhausts were both on the left side of the bike, CL160, 175, whatever.
They're probably aftermarket pipes (MCM, Bates, Webco, whomever). They even could be CA95S pipes (there was a version of the 150cc. CA95 Benly / Dream with left and right high pipes - an attempt by Honda marketing to boost sales of the stodgy looking CA95 I guess) but your pipes look too long for them. All of them would probably need tweeking to varying degrees, but keep working on them - IMHO, they look better than the CL175 pipes I'm using on my CD175 and I think they look great on your bike.
Great project. Love your work.
Pat Cowan,
Vintage Motorcycle Fiberglass
by Pacomotorstuff
 
Back
Top Bottom