CB350 Scrambler Siblings

ncologerojr

New Member
I forgot to pick up the rubber grommets needed to make the tank mounts today, so I started on the side panels. I roughed in one to check the figment, and I'm really happy with it. I think they're going to look great. I threw on a velocity stack to check the clearances, I'll be running uni filters on the completed bike.





 

540Nova

New Member
Was that backbone weld to clear your tank or just wanted something stronger than the factory spot welds?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ncologerojr

New Member
540Nova said:
Was that backbone weld to clear your tank or just wanted something stronger than the factory spot welds?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For both purposes really. It allows me to use a more shallow tunnel in the tank which increases fuel capacity, and it strengthens the backbone. So a win-win as I see it.
 

ncologerojr

New Member
The transition pieces for the set pan are shaped and welded on. There are tabs on the underside that support the transitions and provide weld areas. These pieces allow the seat to clear the rear tank mounts, and provide a sturdy edge for the seat upholstery that will contour to the tank. They actually too a good amount of work, and will be covered in foam and leather, never to be seen again.



 

ncologerojr

New Member
Before going any further with the seat I wanted to get the side panels mounted. The battery will be mounted below the seat so I decided to make the right side panel removable. I machined some aluminum bullets to hold grommets on the right side panels allowing them to pop off like the stock side covers.







Next I got started on the battery boxes from 16ga steel. I'll mount these up tomorrow.



 

540Nova

New Member
How do those 350s run with your 1.5" exhaust? The stock pipes vary from 1 to 1.125" ID, depending where you measure, so you've increased the exhaust size by almost 50%. Obviously they have to be jetted way up, but I would think that the bottom end torque would take a big hit. I know these two aren't running yet, but I've seen your other 350 build, and assume you're going to use the same pipes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ncologerojr

New Member
540Nova said:
How do those 350s run with your 1.5" exhaust? The stock pipes vary from 1 to 1.125" ID, depending where you measure, so you've increased the exhaust size by almost 50%. Obviously they have to be jetted way up, but I would think that the bottom end torque would take a big hit. I know these two aren't running yet, but I've seen your other 350 build, and assume you're going to use the same pipes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bike ran great, but took some time to get dialed in. These, and the kits I plan on selling are going to get 1.25" tubing.
 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Always enjoy watching your metal work. Great job so far on these.

I need to make a couple fenders for a project I got going on, I was going to attempt roughly hammering them out with just the nylon mallet, sure I'll need to do a lot of filling. This might be the motivation I need.


Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

540Nova

New Member
That's awesome! I have that same Mossy Oak mug, love it. I TIG welded a handle onto it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ncologerojr

New Member
advCo said:
Always enjoy watching your metal work. Great job so far on these.

I need to make a couple fenders for a project I got going on, I was going to attempt roughly hammering them out with just the nylon mallet, sure I'll need to do a lot of filling. This might be the motivation I need.


Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Get at it! I can get this same result without the e-wheel by planishing with the slapper and dolly. Just takes a little longer. I make my slapper's the old fashion way from a leaf spring. $30 at tractor supply gets you a trailer spring with enough leaves for several slappers. A nice egg dolly is about $45. For $75 you can make a lot of parts.
 

DTT Sponsors

www.dimecitycycles.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers
www.speedmotoco.com
www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com
www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.lostapostlejewelry.com
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom