Dallas/Ft Worth Introduction Thread

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey guys! This thread is for us to post up a bit about ourselves and make the get togethers a little less intimidating for new guys or people that haven't met before outside the confines of our computers.


My name is Skyler. I live in North Oak Cliff. I'm a 24 year old Computer Science student graduating in May. I'm married. I've always loved cafe racers and finally got the funds and space to build one this past year. I'm currently working on finishing my CB360 project and I have a RD400 that is pretty stock (other than the ugly yellow color) and it runs well most of the time. These are my first bikes. I go to Amsterdam bar every now and then but usually end up missing the Euro bike night for whatever reason. I'd like to get a more active DFW cafe/bobber scene going.
 

CresentSon

Over 1,000 Posts
Good idea Skyler.

Daniel here. I'm NE of Garland, 30 years old, married w/lots kids. I'm still working on my first project bike, though seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to be back on two wheels this spring. Fingers crossed.
 

RatFink84

New Member
My name is Kevin. I live up in N. Ft. Worth w/ my wife and three kids. Ive been working on my bike for a couple months now and its finally coming together (just need an exhaust). Looking forward to having the bike running before mods-rockers Dallas and maybe seeing some of you guys there.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
RatFink84 said:
My name is Kevin. I live up in N. Ft. Worth w/ my wife and three kids. Ive been working on my bike for a couple months now and its finally coming together (just need an exhaust). Looking forward to having the bike running before mods-rockers Dallas and maybe seeing some of you guys there.

Hey Kevin, don't know if you heard but we're going to Perry's and to lunch on Saturday if you'd like to join. We'll be over in your neck of the woods (Ft Worth). There's a thread on here.
 

muzak

Been Around the Block
Brandon, Fort Worth, 27, recently married, no kids. My current ride is an '09 Moto Guzzi V7. I miss vintage bikes, but not the constant attention. I don't have a lot of time and money to spend on bikes right now in my life, like I used to, but I definitely try to fit in some riding when I can. My band/music takes up most of my excess funds and time these days. Oh, and the joys of home ownership. I'm currently recording an album with my band and mastering an album for a band in the UK -- on top of my 9 to 5'er. I play the geetar mostly, with a little lap steel and banjo. I love basketball and baseball. Big time Mavs/Rangers fan. Obviously, I love bikes too. Actually, I love 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles. Can't think of much else at the moment. Later.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
muzak said:
Brandon, Fort Worth, 27, recently married, no kids. My current ride is an '09 Moto Guzzi V7. I miss vintage bikes, but not the constant attention. I don't have a lot of time and money to spend on bikes right now in my life, like I used to, but I definitely try to fit in some riding when I can. My band/music takes up most of my excess funds and time these days. Oh, and the joys of home ownership. I'm currently recording an album with my band and mastering an album for a band in the UK -- on top of my 9 to 5'er. I play the geetar mostly, with a little lap steel and banjo. I love basketball and baseball. Big time Mavs/Rangers fan. Obviously, I love bikes too. Actually, I love 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles. Can't think of much else at the moment. Later.

Does your band have a site?
 

muzak

Been Around the Block
Not at the moment. Once the record is done and there's something to show, I'll put something together. We used to be in a band together called Washing Machine. We played in Dallas some. This was around 5 years ago. We broke up and I took a job in Pittsburgh. I just moved back about 6 months ago and we got things rolling again; 3/5ths of us anyways, with two new additions. We've played a few shows in Fort Worth since I've been back, but we're focusing on recording before we start really getting out there and playing again. Not sure what you listen to, but we are kind of poppy-psychedelic. Influenced by bands like Dr. Dog, Starlight Mints, Wilco, Cake, Olivia Tremor Control, Centromatic, Built to Spill, lots of 60s bands like The Beatles and The Kinks. I'd say lots of 60s influence more than anything. We even use a reel to reel in the process and all my instruments are older than my parents. I wouldn't imagine too many people into the rocker scene really digging it.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
muzak said:
Not at the moment. Once the record is done and there's something to show, I'll put something together. We used to be in a band together called Washing Machine. We played in Dallas some. This was around 5 years ago. We broke up and I took a job in Pittsburgh. I just moved back about 6 months ago and we got things rolling again; 3/5ths of us anyways, with two new additions. We've played a few shows in Fort Worth since I've been back, but we're focusing on recording before we start really getting out there and playing again. Not sure what you listen to, but we are kind of poppy-psychedelic. Influenced by bands like Dr. Dog, Starlight Mints, Wilco, Cake, Olivia Tremor Control, Centromatic, Built to Spill, lots of 60s bands like The Beatles and The Kinks. I'd say lots of 60s influence more than anything. We even use a reel to reel in the process and all my instruments are older than my parents. I wouldn't imagine too many people into the rocker scene really digging it.

Sounds cool. I'm a big fan of Dr Dog & Wilco.
 

muzak

Been Around the Block
Cool. Dr Dog is probably my favorite band that is together and playing currently. They are greatness.
 

mysta2

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
My name's Kit... like the bear.

30 years young, and about to be a daddy. I live in Little Elm, but work in Garland so I'm all over North Dallas. I'm a Professional Modelmaker (BUZZWERK). I grew up in Portland OR, and went to school in Seattle then moved out here in search of palm trees.

This is me:
100709_003.jpg

kitrides.jpg

... on Chris' bike because mine's broke :(

I started my motorcycling life over HERE with this:
bda0248qe.jpg


which I turned into this:
stars.jpg

This bike landed me in the pages of The Horse Magazine, and I've been moving very slowly since. I've got another CL360 in progress that I want to put a full fairing on, and also a 1994 VFR750 that I'm using to build an RC30 replica daily rider. The first bike, "Loudbike" happened when I first moved to Texas, I was single, didn't have a television, and spent a ton of time in the garage and shop working on her. Now days things move slower with a wife, a house, and that damned TV which is so good at turning potentially productive hours into useless regrettable hours, my wife wont let me get rid of it.
 

tobydmv

New Member
Also new here, my name's Toby, 38/married/2 dogs and I live in Hickory Creek, just north of Lewisville. Here's the current list of toys

1979 Triumph t140d about to be traded for a norton
1968 Benelli 350, currently under the cafe knife
2001 Ducati monster m600 w rizoma clip on's and rearsets

I like working on bikes so anyone in the area let me know if you ever need help. We should have a get together at Lucky Lous in Denton. Kind of far but really cheap drinks.
 

ChrisBR

New Member
Hey guys, I just signed up and figured i'd introduce myself over here. Ive been riding bikes and doing my own thing since I was about 20. Started with an old Honda Shadow, then a wrecked R6 that I rebuilt, and now I've got a "77 XS750 on my hands that ive been going a little crazier with.
IMG_6564.jpg

Ive sucessfully built a electronics tray and battery box from some scrap aluminum. Next on the list is get the seat pan made and rear round bar bent up.
 

dka67x

New Member
New here to DTT. I'm Dave, 44, married, 2 kids, living in Frisco. On my second cafe racer. Don't know how or why I got into cafe racers. I just decided one day to buy an old bike and turn it into a cafe racer. My first one was a '76 Kaw KZ400, absolutely loved that bike, I just couldn't find parts for it. It became a little too unreliable as a commuter bike. So I sold it and bought an '09 Suzuki TU250, my little thumper. Great bike but not many aftermarket parts. Been trying to make it into a cafe racer for the last year or so. Slowly but surely getting there.

Looking forward to meeting everybody face to face next Saturday and get some ideas and inspiration for my project.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • IMGP1320.JPG
    IMGP1320.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 327

Tonymorr

New Member
dka67x said:
So I sold it and bought an '09 Suzuki TU250, my little thumper. Great bike but not many aftermarket parts. Been trying to make it into a cafe racer for the last year or so. Slowly but surely getting there.

Dave
Your bike looks great. Have some more pics?
 

dka67x

New Member
Thanks Tony. Here a few more pics
 

Attachments

  • IMGP1317.JPG
    IMGP1317.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 327
  • IMGP1321.JPG
    IMGP1321.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 320

Whitey80

You're all idiots.
Diggin' it.......
.....but highly recommend flipping those headlight ears over to get that bucket lower, not a pleasing overall line.
 

BPlentl

RADAR LUV
Hey Folks,
I'm Bob and live in West Fort Worth. I'm an air traffic supervisor for the FAA by trade, musician by night and former road and drag racer of bikes. I raced RD's and KZ's in the 70's and early 80's. I just picked up Yamaha 4 SR500's off a cat in Arlington and hope to be able to get 2 runners out of 'em. I'll put up some pics when I start the builds. Hope to have something to show yall before too long.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
BPlentl said:
Hey Folks,
I'm Bob and live in West Fort Worth. I'm an air traffic supervisor for the FAA by trade, musician by night and former road and drag racer of bikes. I raced RD's and KZ's in the 70's and early 80's. I just picked up Yamaha 4 SR500's off a cat in Arlington and hope to be able to get 2 runners out of 'em. I'll put up some pics when I start the builds. Hope to have something to show yall before too long.

So cool. Any details on those RDs you used to race? I've got a pretty stock RD400 I'm looking to modify.
 

BPlentl

RADAR LUV
Well, the '77 400 was stock except for safety wiring, some koni's and r compound rubber. The 350 was wild, the front wheel would NOT stay down once it hit the powerband in first and second. I could never tame it, ended up selling it and moving on to my KZ1000. Wish I still had them all.
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom