Grand Rapids, MI (and surrounding areas) Thread

Where you from in Grand Rapids?

  • Grand Rapids (city)

    Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Walker

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Kentwood

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakeshore

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Comstock Park

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • East Grand Rapids

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • West Grand Rapids

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Wyoming

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forest Hills

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grandville

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Rockford Area

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Outskirts (Lowell, Caledonia, Allendale, Coopersville, etc.)

    Votes: 9 20.5%

  • Total voters
    44

psirus

New Member
If you live in Grand Rapids, MI or surrounding areas (comstock, rockford, holland, lakeshore, etc.), use this thread to check in and coordinate with others.


For check-ins, post the following:


Name:
Location:
Bike & Picture of Bike:
Any other deets you want to share:
Contact Info (if you want to share):


Look forward to meeting up with some of you this spring and summer.
 
Name:Vic
Location: NW Grand Rapids
Bike & Picture of Bike: 1975 HONDA CB550
Any other deets you want to share: Usually can catch me cruising around downtown GR during weekdays and weekend. Head out often to Grand Haven on the weekends.
Contact Info (if you want to share): Text me @ (616) 805-9133


4969307025_f18fffdfd0.jpg

3959643919_8a8acd38c5_o.jpg
 
Name:Tim
Location: NW Grand Rapids
Bike & Picture of Bike: 1973 HONDA Cl350, 1975 cb360t,2008 victory 8-ball
Me and a few buddies have a small shop down by the river your all welcome to stop by shoot me a pm for info usually there on fri and sat
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0614 (1).JPG
    IMG_0614 (1).JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 376
Jason from Spring Lake - have a stock 1973 cb350g that I plan on doing a full cafe. Not really knowledgeable so would love to meet a few local guys to bounce questions off....
Look forward to chatting it up with you guys soon!
 
I'm Greg, live downtown. Working on a CB500t. It's in pieces right now but hopefully will have it on the road in a month. I also have an Aprilia SR50 scooter so if the bike isn't running you'll see that around town.

Anyone close able to give me a lesson or 2 on welding?
 
grizwold said:
Anyone close able to give me a lesson or 2 on welding?

Sorry, I'm not an experienced welder at all. If I think of someone who can, I'll let you know.
 
Hey Griz I have shop space downtown and we could show you a thing or two about welding drop me a pm if your interested.
 
hey michigan folk!


put a tack in the new member map feature (located up top under the BOTM banner) if you haven't already.
i know there is a ton of us on there. (no pun intended)
 
Name: James
Location: Downtown GR
Bike & Picture of Bike: CB200
Any other deets you want to share: Just got my first bike yesterday, been wanting to do a cafe since I was probably 10 or 11 and have wanted a bike all my life, I'm 25 and finally got one. Literally just got this bike yesterday and already started ripping it apart. Would love some welding tips, info too and just to pick someone's brains on working on the motor. I also just moved here from NY to go to school at Cooley.
Contact Info (if you want to share): 631-871-6517, call or text. I have finals next week but will be free after that.
 

Attachments

  • cycle.jpg
    cycle.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 345
My name is......Terry
I am in Muskegon, on the north side
I can be texted or called at 231-206-9167
picture of bike in avatar is my son's bike that we are building, I ride a hot rodded custom HD bagger and momma rides a Sporty
I build bikes and hot rods as a hobby, been doing it for over 30 years......I love the smell of Nitro Methane in the morning !

Jason....Tango Sucka, I am the closest to your area, always willing to help.
 
Fretless Six said:
Name: James
Location: Downtown GR
Bike & Picture of Bike: CB200
Any other deets you want to share: Just got my first bike yesterday, been wanting to do a cafe since I was probably 10 or 11 and have wanted a bike all my life, I'm 25 and finally got one. Literally just got this bike yesterday and already started ripping it apart. Would love some welding tips, info too and just to pick someone's brains on working on the motor. I also just moved here from NY to go to school at Cooley.
Contact Info (if you want to share): 631-871-6517, call or text. I have finals next week but will be free after that.

Welcome to GR and look forward to meeting you once the world warms up some more. Saturday I may be out and about...
 
Absolutely, I have finals all next week and then I'm heading back to NY for Easter. Let's see if we can schedule something around the 26th. Must be nice to have a bike that's together and running, I've got the motor out since it's seized and I'm starting to strip down the frame, it's my first build so it may take some time. I'm hoping for August the earliest, if you want to come down and give me some ideas that would be much appreciated.
 
emcarthu said:
hey michigan folk!


put a tack in the new member map feature (located up top under the BOTM banner) if you haven't already.
i know there is a ton of us on there. (no pun intended)

Location Tack Submitted. I'm Lloyd from Fowlerville, I'd like to meet up with you Michigan guys at your local motorcycle events, I posted a Stockbridge event for May 1st near my home for those interested. 8)
 
Nortasaki said:
Location Tack Submitted. I'm Lloyd from Fowlerville, I'd like to meet up with you Michigan guys at your local motorcycle events, I posted a Stockbridge event for May 1st near my home for those interested. 8)

hey my parents grew up in Fowlerville. Love the Fowlerville fair!
 
Hey all!


Name: Eric
Location: Grand Rapids
Bike & Picture of Bike: 1972 CB350F, 1975 CB125s
Any other deets you want to share: Hey all, got into the Cafe scene(lurker) when I was in the Army a few years ago. Out now and riding! First bike is the CB125s which I love, first bike I ever rode and almost sold it a few weeks ago but am glad I didn't. I'm currently working on a 72 CB350F(What I can work on, my knowledge is still limited and I still bring it in to some professionals but I'm learning! Hopefully I will fully re-work the next bike). The CB350F is in the shop right now getting some welding and plasma work done, along with a bit of electrical. But I can't wait to get her back. A few pics below!

Here's the 350F
DSC_0029.jpg


new tank and seat for the 350F
IMG_0016.jpg


and the 125s
IMG_0057.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom