how to - cafe seat

Thats bad ass! I only wish I saw this before taking a run at mine(exactly what you said,many hours of bull shit). I need to get up there and check out your shop. Im an hour n half southeast of you guys. Thanks again for the tutorial!!
 
oh, and I loved this:

Invariably, yes, it is cheaper and easier to buy a ready made seat, and frankly, the only reason you should do it this way is if you want your own style, or are a serious massochist.

I'm looking forward to the "how-to" tutorial on alloy fuel tanks ;)
 
DeanJ said:
oh, and I loved this:

Invariably, yes, it is cheaper and easier to buy a ready made seat, and frankly, the only reason you should do it this way is if you want your own style, or are a serious massochist.

I'm looking forward to the "how-to" tutorial on alloy fuel tanks ;)

first, crawl, grasshopper ;)
 
Roc City Cafe said:
first, crawl, grasshopper ;)

I would love to see some techniques it into practice. Doesn't have to be making a seat/tank but it would be great to see some common techniques put into practice and what those techniques achieve.

My seat was made in a left field way but for the next build I am keen to try doing it properly.
 
neevo said:
I would love to see some techniques it into practice. Doesn't have to be making a seat/tank but it would be great to see some common techniques put into practice and what those techniques achieve.

My seat was made in a left field way but for the next build I am keen to try doing it properly.

Tons of tutorials on youtube, roc city helped me a lot though with some of the finer details and how to avoid mistakes.
 
If you don't have a way to spray the duratec surfacing primer, is there a good rattlecan option?

Can you just shoot the raw fiberglass surface with adhesion promoter and a high-build primer?
 
use a cheap hvlp gun from HF. they're so cheap cleaning them out is almost more expensive than getting a new one
 
I took a trip to lowes looking for that urethane foam. Is it in the insulation section? The only thing i found was pink or blue polystyrene
 
I used Lowes blue insulation to make this seat for my small Honda. Easy to work with and cheap.
 

Attachments

  • seat 002.JPG
    seat 002.JPG
    761.2 KB · Views: 216
  • seat 001.JPG
    seat 001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 213
divot02 said:
I used Lowes blue insulation to make this seat for my small Honda. Easy to work with and cheap.

From the writeup:

> As far as materials, I use urethane foam from the hardware store (it's the yellow stuff, not the pink or blue). The reason for this is that it's easy to carve and doesn't dissolve in contact with fiberglass.

...and

> If you're one of those youtube generation kids, you've stopped reading by now and are just scrolling through the pics, so have fun with that.

Ha!
 
Rich, Thanks for reposting what all of us already read. I wanted to make sure divot02 did it the same way, which he did not.
 
Rich Ard said:
From the writeup:

> As far as materials, I use urethane foam from the hardware store (it's the yellow stuff, not the pink or blue). The reason for this is that it's easy to carve and doesn't dissolve in contact with fiberglass.

...and

> If you're one of those youtube generation kids, you've stopped reading by now and are just scrolling through the pics, so have fun with that.

Ha!

:D

I'm giving them gold here... pure gold!
 
Back
Top Bottom