Intros!

casanewt

Active Member
Introduce yourself here.


My name is Greg and I have been in the motorcycle scene for a few years here in Cincy. A ton of my moto friends are over on http://www.localriders.com/. I've always admired the vintage/cafe machines and finally picked up a '76 CB400F last January. I'm a regular these days at Lenny's open house at Autobahn Craftwerks and I get over to the Comet on Tuesdays for bike night once in a while as well. I'm also a big fan of the yearly WKRP meet that the local scooter club the Ten Year Lates put together every year. I usually get down to the Deal's Gap area once or twice a year with my buddies and truly love blasting down twisty roads more than just standing around and kicking tires.
 
My name is Nate and I have been riding for just a few years now. Started on a CBR600 F4i and never really had an appreciation for the older Honda's until I wrecked that F4i and a friend let me ride their CB750. I currently own an '81 CB750, a '74 360 and a '75 360, and they vary in condition from ridable to box-o-parts. I attended every comet bike night they had two years ago but have not made it to Autobahn yet. Next year I should have an unmolested 360 to run around town on and two works in progress.
 
dudeabides said:
My name is Nate and I have been riding for just a few years now. Started on a CBR600 F4i and never really had an appreciation for the older Honda's until I wrecked that F4i and a friend let me ride their CB750. I currently own an '81 CB750, a '74 360 and a '75 360, and they vary in condition from ridable to box-o-parts. I attended every comet bike night they had two years ago but have not made it to Autobahn yet. Next year I should have an unmolested 360 to run around town on and two works in progress.


Nate - good to hear from ya! You really need to get over to the next monthly open house at Autobahn if you can. It should be the first Saturday in February and folks still show even if the weather is crap - even in their cage if needed. It is a great gathering of vintage and custom riders in a classic moto shop on a monthly basis. Good food too, just remember to throw a few bucks into the jar. We need to spread the word about it & Comet Bike Night so we can get the folks with the cool bikes to come out more often. I'll get the info up as soon as I can confirm if February is the next gathering, but it always happens the first Saturday of the month.
 
Dan here i go by dan650plus on here i came up with that from my 650 xs with a 750 kit.
Glad to see some from Cincy into the cafe bikes. would love to see some cafe racers make the bike nights!
 
Jason here, I own a bike shop in Washington Court House, about a hour and twenty min north of Cincy. Mostly been into custom Harleys, Bobbers and stuff like that. Well, I've gotten the cafe bug and can't stop. Currently working on my first cafe bike, a '71 Honda CL450. Check out our site if you like, not any Cafe related material, but we do powder coating, polishing, hand engraving and can make or get parts. www.chcustom.com
 
Hello. My name is Ken and I've been into motorcycles for over half a century now. I've had a lot of bikes. Street, trail, trials, sport and now getting into Cafe Racer style. In late November 2010 I purchased a Suzuki Savage 650. It was rough in appearance but at least it did run. I bought it for a very good price. At present it is in a number of parts storage bins. I will be building it up into a Ryca CS 1 Cafe Racer. The gas tank is ready to send off for cutting, shaping and rewelding. This weekend I plan on removing the 15" rear rim so the hub can be laced up to an 18" one. After that I'll empty the engine cases to see what makes it tick. Looking forward to getting into the Cafe Racer scene.
 
Welcome Ken ! I see you found us,lot of good people here!
Keep an eye out to see when we get together so you can meet all of us.
Dan.
 
Kernel Ken said:
Hello. My name is Ken and I've been into motorcycles for over half a century now. I've had a lot of bikes. Street, trail, trials, sport and now getting into Cafe Racer style. In late November 2010 I purchased a Suzuki Savage 650. It was rough in appearance but at least it did run. I bought it for a very good price. At present it is in a number of parts storage bins. I will be building it up into a Ryca CS 1 Cafe Racer. The gas tank is ready to send off for cutting, shaping and rewelding. This weekend I plan on removing the 15" rear rim so the hub can be laced up to an 18" one. After that I'll empty the engine cases to see what makes it tick. Looking forward to getting into the Cafe Racer scene.


Very cool! I can't wait to see that Ryca Savage up close when you are done. I've only seen pictures, but Thumpers rule.
 
Tim from Cincinnati here. I'm a new rider as of last year and bought a 1982 CB900c as my first ride. Now I'm hooked and really like vintage bikes. Both stock and caffeinated. I'm hoping to build my own cafe bike this year. Probably a 70's era honda CB. As for unmolested bikes, visually I love the 1977/78 CB750 and the BMW R90 of that same time frame. After a visit to Mid-Ohio last year i've become fascinated with Nortons and other UK bikes I had never heard of previously. But let's face it, those are pricey bikes for someday when I have money to throw around. For now, a cool cafe bike is in my future.


I have my own business in Clifton that builds web sites, touch screen kiosk apps, etc. So i'm fairly central Cincy located. Went to one of the Comet bike nights last year and had fun. I don't have as many tattoos as most of those guys but perhaps that can be fixed too. ;-) The craftwerks shop has some great bikes and they seem like some good people that i'd like to know better. So i hope to attend their next event (keep me posted, eh?)


I'm a new rider and fairly mechanically inclined, but still learning. So making some new friends who can share knowledge and a beer will come in handy as I build my first cafe bike. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys soon.


Cheers!


Tim
 
kioskguy said:
Tim from Cincinnati here. I'm a new rider as of last year and bought a 1982 CB900c as my first ride. Now I'm hooked and really like vintage bikes. Both stock and caffeinated. I'm hoping to build my own cafe bike this year. Probably a 70's era honda CB. As for unmolested bikes, visually I love the 1977/78 CB750 and the BMW R90 of that same time frame. After a visit to Mid-Ohio last year i've become fascinated with Nortons and other UK bikes I had never heard of previously. But let's face it, those are pricey bikes for someday when I have money to throw around. For now, a cool cafe bike is in my future.


I have my own business in Clifton that builds web sites, touch screen kiosk apps, etc. So i'm fairly central Cincy located. Went to one of the Comet bike nights last year and had fun. I don't have as many tattoos as most of those guys but perhaps that can be fixed too. ;-) The craftwerks shop has some great bikes and they seem like some good people that i'd like to know better. So i hope to attend their next event (keep me posted, eh?)


I'm a new rider and fairly mechanically inclined, but still learning. So making some new friends who can share knowledge and a beer will come in handy as I build my first cafe bike. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys soon.


Cheers!


Tim


What's up Tim? Great to hear from some more motorheads! I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear when Autobahn's monthly open houses start back up. Indications are that it will be closer to spring. That is THE meet to get our DTT Cincy group going & growing. There will probably be some other meets before spring, so stay tuned and feel free to post up if you want to get out for a ride or beer on some mild day in the near future.


-Greg
 
My name is Byron. Technically, I live in Lawrenceburg, IN, but am a member of the Cincinnati Cavaliers. Have been riding for about 13 years. I currently own an 1100 Shadow, a 996 Superhawk, and the reason I'm on this forum.....a 1978 Yamaha XS750 Cafe'd.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00431(2).jpg
    IMG00431(2).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 310
Shawkpilot said:
My name is Byron. Technically, I live in Lawrenceburg, IN, but am a member of the Cincinnati Cavaliers. Have been riding for about 13 years. I currently own an 1100 Shadow, a 996 Superhawk, and the reason I'm on this forum.....a 1978 Yamaha XS750 Cafe'd.


That is one beautiful triple! You've got some great roads out your way as well. I love running 62 from Dillsboro down to Madison. So you are a member of the Cavaliers M/C eh?
 
casanewt said:
That is one beautiful triple! You've got some great roads out your way as well. I love running 62 from Dillsboro down to Madison. So you are a member of the Cavaliers M/C eh?

62 is nice. I like to do a loop from 50, over Markland dam, then back up through Rabbit Hash. That's a great ride, and right around 100 miles. And yes, I am a Cavalier. It's the oldest AMA sanctioned MC club in Ohio, and I am the youngest one in it by 20 years. Most of the guys are retired, but with my work schedule, I ride mostly during the week, and who else is going to ride then?
 
Shawkpilot said:
Most of the guys are retired, but with my work schedule, I ride mostly during the week, and who else is going to ride then?


Not me, but we have a few in this section like dmathers with the Norton that does.
 
Dave here, new member, Anderson, still trying to figure out this forum. Looks interesting, trying to sell my CBX to start a cafe project. Can't wait till spring this weather sucks!
 
Back
Top Bottom