Project Spartan: Completed (another CB360)

Should the handlebars be flat black or chrome?

  • Flat Black

    Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Chrome

    Votes: 7 25.9%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .

cafePete

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan

Love the black knee dents! Color is awesome, very different.
Keep up the good work. :D
 

ffjmoore

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan

I love that color. Same color im going to paint my frame. You can see it in my profile pic
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan

ffjmoore said:
I love that color. Same color im going to paint my frame. You can see it in my profile pic

Very cool. I can get you a paint code if you want.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan


Got some more stuff done today. Waiting on a tap to get the shocks thread the correct size. Then the back wheel will be on and I'll really get an idea of the stance.


Lowes sucks by the way. I usually go to a independent hardware store called Elliots but they were closed today. I trekked to Lowes instead. They only had metric hardware for sizes 8 and 10 and the tool guy had no idea what a tap was.

a8d3cc06.jpg

d73ed131.jpg
 

cafematty

Alcohol disposal unit.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

Look at all that empty garage space!!
 

tWistedWheelz

BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

WOW 66, hate that I have not seen this thread....I have been in a bad habit about just checking replies to my post! Anyway, glad I am tuned in now, looks like you have done some real quality work! Keep it up!
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

tWistedWheelz said:
WOW 66, hate that I have not seen this thread....I have been in a bad habit about just checking replies to my post! Anyway, glad I am tuned in now, looks like you have done some real quality work! Keep it up!

Thanks, Twisted! Can't wait to see your build finished up.
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

Yesterday I put on the fender, mocked up the bars and did a few little other things. I originally bought adjustable clubmans from Omar. Once they were mounted they just looked way too bulky and didn't fit the lines. I'm trying to get the measurements from DCC on their bars to see if they would slim things out a bit. My only other option is ditch my beautiful 350 style headlight mount and go to a clamp with clip-ons. I'd rather not ditch my headlight mount though.


Bulky bars (not staying)
350e4589.jpg




Gauge mounted

b5261192.jpg



Fender
197f0ec6.jpg
 

johnny gaijin

Been Around the Block
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

looks great so far! maybe you cut off the bottom of the headlight mount and slide it down to allow room for clip-ons?
 

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

johnny gaijin said:
looks great so far! maybe you cut off the bottom of the headlight mount and slide it down to allow room for clip-ons?
I'm not sure that there's enough room unless I could find some REAL slender clip-ons.

In other news, it's a great day. I was planning on purchasing some Mikunis but as I was going through a box of extra RD400 parts I got with the RD I found a set of VM28s!
 

cafePete

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

66replica said:
Yesterday I put on the fender, mocked up the bars and did a few little other things. I originally bought adjustable clubmans from Omar. Once they were mounted they just looked way too bulky and didn't fit the lines. I'm trying to get the measurements from DCC on their bars to see if they would slim things out a bit. My only other option is ditch my beautiful 350 style headlight mount and go to a clamp with clip-ons. I'd rather not ditch my headlight mount though.


Bulky bars (not staying)
350e4589.jpg




Gauge mounted

b5261192.jpg



Fender
197f0ec6.jpg

Hey 66replica, if you decide to sell the clubmans let me know how much.
Bike is looking great.
Thanks
 

Erskine

Over 1,000 Posts
Re: CB360: Spartan UPDATED: Paint, front end on

I really like the logo on the clock.
It's class. :)
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom