We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
ha, that level of organization would be an improvement to the plastic bin i've haphazardly tossed everything i've removed at. I think ill remember where it all goes. if not, and it still runs, bonus weight loss achieved.
Minor minor update here: I started painting the motor red, but decided red was stupid for now. So I stripped it back off the couple covers I had finished, and took the rest over to Charlotte to a shady guy I met on the internet's house to use his sandblaster big enough to hold a body. Which gives me an idea for a new wave of personal hygiene...
Anyways, Her'es my handy valve shim removal tool, and a couple blasted covers. I'll show the color I decided on when I post it. No, it's not black, no, it is not pink either.
I actually made progress. After being stoopid and tricking myself into thinking if I spent the same amount of time masking the bottom end as it would take to just disassemble all the little gears and bearings, I could save a marginal amount of time not reassembling it all and risking getting stuff together wrong. That theory worked great until the masking didn't live thru sand blasting. I knew better. I could sand blast a large ball bearing, saw it open, and find sand inside. That's just how that works. So 2 billion hours of cleaning/replacing and 3 assemblies later, and I'm back to this.