Tank and battery covers back from powder coating! Still some decals to come but here's what it looks like so far. Pics don't capture it well but there's a brushed finish under the candy red that really pops when the sun hits it. I'll get some more shots later when the sun is out and the decals are complete.
I just got the gold decals on today. There were a few tiny defects in the powder coating on the tank that I decided to hide with some randomly placed checks. Luckily the graphic was designed with the checks drifting so all I had to do was make a few spares to place over the defects. Saved having to strip and re-coat tank not knowing if that would even fix it. It seemed to be from porosity in weld lines that didn't pop until it hit the powder coating oven.