Anyone commute on a naked/streetfighter?

You know what my Monster looked like and I rode that to and from work every half decent weather day for 4 years. 1 hour and 2 freeways each way, I never gave it a second thought, and we don't have trees here it Texas. I certainly never felt any pain (and am not sure what you're talking about) except my clutch pull wrist if I sat in traffic too long. On the other hand I've never ridden a bike with a fairing. My longest ride was to Austin and back in a day (5 hours each way) and that was a breeze. All that said, the original higher bars never felt natural to me, the switch to clubmans was an improvement. The worst open road riding I've done was up north on an old highway with what felt like a 50mph crosswind I it felt like I was leaned over 45degrees just to stay on the road... that was miserable, but I can only guess that the addition of a full fairing (full sail) would worsen the effects of a crosswind.

Actually I take that no pain comment back... rain can sting like a mother at speed.
 
Ask Loco Leon... I rode My Fighter every day... Sun, rain, snow...EVERY DAY... been to Daytona bike week 6 times... FIGHTERS ROCK
 
I've only had issues with wind one time...I was going head first into like a 20mph wind and I didn't like that my head was getting pushed all over the place, but I don't really care otherwise....wind, smind..lol

I just thought, though..my Buell does have a bikini fairing on it....I really don't think it does much though.
 
I've ridden for years and never with a fairing/windscreen! Lots of highway, backroads and city streets! It's the stop and go of "rush" hour that hurts the most, IMO! ;D Clubmans, drag bars, Superbike bars... they've all worked for me!

Oh ya. That heavy rain at speed is a *&%$#@ , but you already know that! :P :D
 
Back
Top Bottom