Well the condesor is fairly new and I neither know what it does nor how to check it. There's something in the book about checking its' capacity and resistance. The wires are hooked up according to color with the blue wire and yellow wire (although they're actually both blue since I've got 2 right side coils) running to the points and the black/white running (most immediately) to the kill switch. I determined them to be bad by looking for continuity beween the wire leads and the attaching stay with my little RadioShack meter set to 200 OHM. I made sure my contacts were good by touching the leads first to both ends of the wire where I could, one lead on the bullet connector and the other on the solder point on the body of the coil (buried in wax) Then tested by touching one lead to a freshly sanded part of the mounting stay and the other to the end of the bullet connector (both coils at tis point are in hand, off the bike). By the way, I'm now not getting anything so it seems that in the last 24 hours that last wind has gone.
Can these readings be accurate?! I tried the same test on my 750 with nothing... so according to my interperatation, I own 5 coils, and they're all bad. I've got to be doing something wrong. I mean these things are completely encased in plastic! How can they just go to shit like that?!
What's a CDI? High Tension are the colored ones that go into the points right? Electronic system? That sounds good right now.
I've said it once... and I'm sure I'll say it again. I'm a fabricator, not a mechanic. Maybe if my dad had any interest in cars and engines when I was a kid rather than plastic models and construction, I'd be better at this stuff, but probably worse at that stuff.