Bike Value

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
How does one put a value on there bike? I've been keeping track of pretty much all the expenses related to the bike, parts & labor. I want to determine a value that I can use incase it's stolen or damaged. Your thoughts?
 
1. Add the total value of the parts you bought, then minus 20%.
2. Total all estimated hours you put in multipy by standard shop rate of $75/hr, then minus 50% (since your not a certified mechanic)
3. Get market value of your bike when you got it
4. Add them all together.

;D
 
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Using Noel's formula, my project XS650 will be worth about $10,000 or more. Not likely going to get that much for it if I sell.
 
since you asking for insurance reason unless you get a signed apraisal insurance company will give you $500 then charge you insurance increases of around $600 over 3 years, so unless you have a super rare collectors bike dont bother getting theft insurance.
 
I told the insurance company mine was worth $1000... which is the top end of the first level ($1-$1000) before the rates increase... after 5 years I have saved enough in premiums to make up buying another airhead on top of the $1000 I would get.

That's if it was stolen... if I wreck it well I've got bigger things to worry about than another bike!

And you know who steals 1970's beemers?

Neither do I ! :D
 
CanadaDan said:
I told the insurance company mine was worth $1000... which is the top end of the first level ($1-$1000) before the rates increase... after 5 years I have saved enough in premiums to make up buying another airhead on top of the $1000 I would get.

That's if it was stolen... if I wreck it well I've got bigger things to worry about than another bike!

And you know who steals 1970's beemers?

Neither do I ! :D
i heard your brother has sticky fingers around them ;D
and noel just steals tail lights ;D
 
pyro139 said:
i heard your brother has sticky fingers around them ;D
and noel just steals tail lights ;D

He kept his mits off the airhead this past visit... the XS-650 on the other hand is still on the lift waiting for replacement parts to make it roll again ;D
 
CanadaDan said:
He kept his mits off the airhead this past visit... the XS-650 on the other hand is still on the lift waiting for replacement parts to make it roll again ;D
ya he is married he has to keep his hands off of airheads, oh wait you dont mean airhead as in a blonde ::)
 
Back
Top Bottom