CB750K7 Cafe Racer Build

Doctor Jones said:
Think I'll go for shiney with the bike as I have the weathered look myself! Now, where did I put my face cream?
 

Attachments

  • Head back from PC.jpg
    Head back from PC.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Head back 2.jpg
    Head back 2.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 378
  • Ready for valve lapping.jpg
    Ready for valve lapping.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Sooooooooooo boring!.jpg
    Sooooooooooo boring!.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 367
Thanks for the encouragement HD. All I can do is build stuff so I may as well make a decent job of it, eh? Its either this or therapy!
 
Doctor Jones said:
Thanks for the encouragement HD. All I can do is build stuff so I may as well make a decent job of it, eh? Its either this or therapy!

Therapy might be cheaper but rarely does the therapist look as good as your bike LOL
 
Thanks MbB. I've just been looking at that CBR600 of yours and I'm loving the colour scheme. I might have to borrow it for a CB900F I'm going to make an endurance racer out of. It's a bit of a tribute to Marco Simoncelli, God bless him.
 
Finally getting somewhere with the motor.
 

Attachments

  • That's a liitle better.jpg
    That's a liitle better.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 351
  • RHS Engine Pre Barrels.jpg
    RHS Engine Pre Barrels.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 347
  • New rings and base gasket.jpg
    New rings and base gasket.jpg
    844.4 KB · Views: 365
  • Careful with that hammer Dr..jpg
    Careful with that hammer Dr..jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 347
Doctor Jones said:
Thanks MbB. I've just been looking at that CBR600 of yours and I'm loving the colour scheme. I might have to borrow it for a CB900F I'm going to make an endurance racer out of. It's a bit of a tribute to Marco Simoncelli, God bless him.

Thanks! I wish I had the time to do more to the darn thing, it runs and drives so it's on the back burner.... So many projects, so little time. I'd love to see what you do with a CB900F. Make sure you let us know if there's a build thread ;) ;D
 

Attachments

  • Park that for a while.jpg
    Park that for a while.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 461
  • Tap out all the treads..jpg
    Tap out all the treads..jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 388
  • Head on.jpg
    Head on.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Change this for sure.jpg
    Change this for sure.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 361
So I got talked into having these carb's Ultrasonic cleaned. I wasn't too sure what was involved but I'd heard that it was the latest and greatest thing since the invention of the internal combustion engine so, I parted with my cash, waited and got back a heavy-duty plastic bag containing the carb’s. I didn't check it for a week and OMG!!! When I got them out this is the result. Totally seized and way worse than when I gave them over. The guy had shut his shop and disappeared on holiday for the whole of January so I was stuck. I should have just stripped them down and not wasted the £50. Was I ripped off or is it my fault because I left them in the bag? I guess I'll learn a lot about these over the next day or so.
 

Attachments

  • Carbs 4.jpg
    Carbs 4.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 372
  • Carbs 3.jpg
    Carbs 3.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Carbs 2.jpg
    Carbs 2.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Carbs 1.jpg
    Carbs 1.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 350
Thats a bad deal, sorry to hear about that. From the looks of your engine rebuild I'd say you're better off doing almost anything yourself. I bought a cheap ultrasonic cleaner and did my 750F carbs myself...learned a lot in the process too
 
Hi F. Sometimes I feel like that but when you think someone knows more about a subject than you it's hard not to believe them. It wasn't some back-street place either. No sweat, I've got them in pieces now so it's just a case of cleaning every part and re-assembly. What a mess though.....I could have left them alone but, ah, what the hell. Might as well learn now, eh?
 
Doctor Jones said:
Hi F. Sometimes I feel like that but when you think someone knows more about a subject than you it's hard not to believe them. It wasn't some back-street place either. No sweat, I've got them in pieces now so it's just a case of cleaning every part and re-assembly. What a mess though.....I could have left them alone but, ah, what the hell. Might as well learn now, eh?
 

Attachments

  • Carb strip 1.jpg
    Carb strip 1.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Carb strip 2.jpg
    Carb strip 2.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 464
  • Carb strip 3.jpg
    Carb strip 3.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Carb basic clean.jpg
    Carb basic clean.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 365
Hope you took lots of pics, it took me a few days to figure out how they all went back together! Especially the choke springs
 
Back
Top Bottom