"Do the Ton" rear sets - Lets do them cheap - No takers???

kodiak said:
If somebody can get me dimensions off their mounting brackets and rearsets, I can start working on some solid models and see what we can do for interchangability...

I.E. I'm thinking of a mounting bracket with multiple sets of holes to accomodate multiple bikes....

this is a good thought. somebody with rearsets do this!
 
kodiak said:
If somebody can get me dimensions off their mounting brackets and rearsets, I can start working on some solid models and see what we can do for interchangability...

I.E. I'm thinking of a mounting bracket with multiple sets of holes to accomodate multiple bikes....

I think that would be a better idea so as to accomodate different types of bikes!

I'll PM u on the dimensions for CB350F soon!
 
I've got a '77 750F... rearsets are yet another gripe about this year/make/model. grrrrrr... there are a lot of 750's on these boards... not a lot of F models, so it wouldn't be worth mass-producing for that.

I'm watching a pair of GSXR rearsets on FleaBay as we speak. I plan on doing a similar setup to ffjmoore's:
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6893.0

pictures posted soon... can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
 
I plan to buy a set for my '74 CB200 project that I just beginning.

I am going to weld a large tab on the rear frame for the controls' mount to bolt to.

I was planning on buying a set of these.

If you can match their flexibility at a lower cost, that would be great!



http://www.pbase.com/tomfarr/cb200
 
i just got a set off another DTTer and i dont think they are going to work.
I also have a CL450 and i am very interested in buying a set. cant wait to see
how they turn out.
 
B'ham huh? I get up that way every once in a while. anyway I'm down for some rearsets. Let's get this going before I decide to make my own. Cuz that'll end up costing me hundreds of dollars and weeks of frustration!
 
I'm working on a new revision to mine right now... I'll post my models as soon as the boss leaves for the day... ;)
 
well when either of you guys get some done... send them my way i will lay some powder on them... wait to press in the bearings so that they dont run in my oven... i can press them in no problem i have a overhand and reg bearing press in the shop...
 
Was planning on having mine done awhile ago... Unfortunately we just went thru a round of lay offs, so I gotta be careful about doing government work on company time... :( Glad I got everything else done before they started hammering down...
 
Revision 2..
.5" thick 6061 aluminum... May add a cros brace in the milled out pocket for strength tho...
rearsetrv2.jpg
 
I'll follow with an exploded view and a dimensioned drawing later for anyone thinking of making these... whatever I can do to help!
 
love it! i want some! if you are making them count me in... i will re work my bike to get these on there...
 
JRK5892 said:
love it! i want some! if you are making them count me in... i will re work my bike to get these on there...
Already planned on it... I've got enough stock to make two sets... tho I won't be able to turn the pegs for you... If i remember right tho, you said you had access to a lathe?
WHat I thought of doing was just drilling out the bearing dia smaller, and send them like that... that way you can drill them out to accomodate whatever size bolts and bearings work best for your application.
What I used on mine are 5/16-18 bolts holding the pegs on through the mounting bracket I made up.
The bearings I have are 22mm o.d x 8mm i.d. by 7mm width. I'll look around, if i can scrounge up another set here, and they'll work for you, i'll just bore them to size right away... I'm boring them to a .001" press fit
Jake
 
that will work PERFECT!!! send yours with them so i can powder them for you... ill cover shipping! i have a lathe i can use... i have to get into the shop and make some parts for Tim!
 
With any luck, I'll be coming in on third shift thursday night to get these done... I'll keep you posted.
 
Back
Top Bottom