Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

So much fun! Rich do you have a vid of that beast running? I'd love to hear that 'trap barking.....
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Not yet. But Justin and Mike will probably stop by this weekend. One of us should have a camera handy.......
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Big Rich said:
Got that rat bastard Kenda mounted up (well worth the $10). The exhaust is just temporary.......

photobucket-3707-1321454688053.jpg


And a profile shot - it's raining out and the bike is filthy. Sorry fellas.


photobucket-4196-1321454687536.jpg


Working through the thread, Big R, and really like what you are doing. But I have to stop my reading and ask where you got the rack! I am looking for that type of setup and with the GR being such a huge seller, with such ginormous aftermarket support base it has been hard to make up my mind.

Okay, that was a lie. I haven't found any that mention the GR as a possible mount. So do tell---where do I go looking for the rack?
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

ROOK! Welcome to DTT man.

I really wish I had an answer for the rack. When i bought the bike it was already mounted. I was just poking around on Basscliff's site last night, and I think there was a small tutorial about making a luggage rack from scratch. Either that ir try to keep an eye on ebay?
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Thanks for the welcome, Big Rich. I've surfed through on occasion, but usually get intimidated and get back out. There are some really cool builds on DTT. I'd be leaning toward the scrambler style if I had the build skills, but for now I just want to get this bike looking presentable.

Running really well now. Lots of little jobs over the winter. Polishing the side cases, repainting the tank and side covers, installing stainless braided brake lines, rebuilding the caliper, etc. Would also like to reshape the seat.

I did see some sidebag braces like yours on J.C. Whitney, but they look really good on your bike. Also saw a rack that might work on another site. Guy used a rack off a '75 XS650 and it looked good too.

Kinda bummed that you didn't have a miracle answer ;D

If you get the chance, got any close up shots on how it connects to the stock grab bar you could post? Want to get a tailbag and there really isn't much room on the seat. On hold until I can figure out a rack.
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Hey Oldrookie! Glad to see you over here too ;D

And yeah, pete over on the GSR here... somebody already stole pete here... devestated!

Rich's dirty GR is awesome, you should get some awesome inspiration from this thread :D
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Thanks guys! Rook, I wish I had a lot of miracle answers........would make everything easy! The rack is just bolted directly to the grab rail. Next time I'm out in the garage I'll snap some pics for you.
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Speaking of pics, I got the mini speedo from Dime City installed. Here's it shut off.

photobucket-4790-1322961386718.jpg


And ignition on (neutral light and oil light is on). The backlight looks like it has a blue tint in the pic, but it's a nice white.

photobucket-4681-1322961386239.jpg
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Looks good.I may have to check into those for the trike project.Need a matching tach.Can't have one without the other.
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Good point - the bracket I used to mount the speedo is off some random bike but fit perfectly. As long as the tach has the same bolt spacing, it will bolt right up.

As always, I'm waiting for funds for that though.
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

peteGS said:
Hey Oldrookie! Glad to see you over here too ;D

And yeah, pete over on the GSR here... somebody already stole pete here... devestated!

Rich's dirty GR is awesome, you should get some awesome inspiration from this thread :D

Yo! Pete! Figured it was you. That avatar is of a pretty distinctive GS450 ;D

The work you guys do is a bit out of my league at this point. Requires vision for what could be, rather than of what is. I'm just trying to get the ol' gal back to what used to be.
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

Rich, that speedo looks the goods! Nice choice on that one, and once you get the tacho that'll definitely be a good setup :)


And Oldrookie... yeah... it does tend to give it away doesn't it? Hahaha I'll need to update it soon...


And don't forget, this is the first time I've ever done any of this, so it's not out of the realms of possibility for you to accomplish something yourself ;)
 
Re: Enduro GR- the 650cc weed whacker

oldrookie said:
The work you guys do is a bit out of my league at this point. Requires vision for what could be, rather than of what is. I'm just trying to get the ol' gal back to what used to be.

You'd be surprised what it does and does NOT take to build a "custom" bike. Obviously, some of the guys around here have some nuckin futs builds, but a lot of them are just many small changes that add up to dramatic effects. Like mine for example.......

But anyways, I was messing around in the garage and figured it was a shame to be cooped up when it was fairly nice out. So I zip-tied the camera to the bike and took her for a spin around the 'hood. I forgot about the exposed mic on the camera so the wind blast is really bad. And since I don't have a fancy camera mount, it is cocked a little bit to the side. Yes, the starter is really loud. And yes, I did turn illegally from that shoulder. For those interested - the speedo read almost 80 mph going down the hill to the red light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNbu4NdECI
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

Ok, now I get why you want the dirty GR!!! I thought our roads were bad... :o


Looks like she rides well though ;D
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

Ha! So true. We pay our DOT guys to pour pea gravel everywhere. When they run out of gravel, they dig pot holes.

Seriously though, that area in the video is hands down the worst. A couple blocks in any direction and they look much better.
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

We have the Dept of Main Roads here, and I think all they do is screw up main roads... side streets are left to fend for themselves ::)
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

Talk about a small world, Big Rich. The video looked like familier country and then the reference to PA... so I looked at your profile.

My dad grew up about 40 miles east of your location (Brush Valley, east of Homer City.) Spent the summer of '73 on the farm. Roads were horrible then and it doesn't appear they've improved much.

Your riding country is far prettier than mine.
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

Rook- I sent you a pm with pics of that rack.

Can't say I've ever been out that way. Around my area there are little hills everywhere - side streets, driveways, etc. And most of them have plenty of loose gravel so after a heavy rain is one of the worst times to be on a bike. Where the road was nice and clear before suddenly has a little surprise waiting for you......
 
Re: Enduro GR- nice weather = video clip

Big Rich said:
Rook- I sent you a pm with pics of that rack.

Can't say I've ever been out that way. Around my area there are little hills everywhere - side streets, driveways, etc. And most of them have plenty of loose gravel so after a heavy rain is one of the worst times to be on a bike. Where the road was nice and clear before suddenly has a little surprise waiting for you......

Thanks, Big R! Pictures were perfect.

Some nice riding out east you--of course, it has been a long time since I was out there. Still, it was pretty country with a lot more curves than we have here.
 
Back
Top Bottom