Guess what I'm making?

bmk21

New Member
rearset.jpg



what do you think?
 
I was kidding, but I would like to make a few to maybe sell. Do you think anyone would buy them?
 
Nice design, I like the lever to elbow adjustment range and the lever offset for easier toe access. Good attention to ergonomics. The sealed bearing assemblies are kinda cool but not really that necessary for a pivot that isn't very stressed. Is that 1/4" or 3/8 thick aluminum?
 
the bigger question. How much can you sell them for-taking in to account cost of material, labor, and at least a kaching(that is supposed to sound like money) percent of mark up. If you come up with a bottom dollar, I am interested. NICE SET
 
I work in a sign shop that has a CNC router. It's 1/4" alum not 3/8".

The rear sets are in a rough "just cut" stage. I was thinking to sell in this sort of rough stage but would include the toe peg and the bolts. The foot peg I would have to source out, but the ID of the bearing is 3/8", meaning that you could use BMX foot pegs. ;) The BMX foot pegs are about $10-$40 per set. I could do the foot pegs(and maybe I should) but I thought about keeping the cost down.

I think I could do these for about $75, without the foot peg.

Do you think that would sell?
 
Those should sell like hotcakes at $75 a pair. I paid around $140 shipped for a universal set similair to yours from France a few months ago.
 
Very interested in these! Aren't most of the BMX pegs pretty big in diameter? It's been a while since I've looked into those is why I ask. Let me know possible ship date and I'm in.
 
whats the scoop on these here! im still following, waiting , wondering ....
 
I'm making a mounting system for 1" tube(1/2" alum clamps) so that my rearsets can mount to them. Also I'm doing a redesign so it's easier to sand and buff. One more thing, I am working on making the pegs out of 1" to 1-1/2" alum round bar, with little spades machined out of the alum for grip!!

I don't know if I want to sell just the basic rearset or a more complete set sans the rod ends and things. :-\

Picture to follow soon!
 
bmk21 said:
Guess what I'm making?

Uuuhhh....soup? ;)

Nice looking start. I've used waterjett before but the parts always come out rough like that and require a good bit of finish work. Wire EDM or even regular old CNC may be a better solution for you as the 'work' areas tend to be cleaner and can be finished with a quick trip thru the media tumbler. I like the Torozzi (sp?) style adjustability, those Italians had some great ideas didn't they?
 
Changed the design this week and I'm almost done. I hope to sell these. Can we sell stuff on this site? I know we can but as a product not just whats on my self in my shop?

Some one asked that I install them then take pictures. My bike isn't ready for that, anyone close to Guelph area that needs rearsets?
 
Back
Top Bottom