Kickstarter Help

chrisf

Over 1,000 Posts
OK, this is somewhat embarassing...

Looking here, you'll see that the stock kickstarter will not clear the rearset--well, the foot hits the brake on the way down.

LolipopRearset.jpg


I tried adapting a CB750 kicker, which i think i can still do. Thing is, i hate it! It is big, heavy and requires me spinning a set bolt that is threaded through to release the kicker, then threading it in sideways to set it. At best, it is ghetto.

KickerResting.jpg


Kicker.jpg


So what's a man to do? There are surely other CB350s with rearsets mounted in the passenger location that use strickly a kicker. When I was in Chicago, I checked out ProTeal's bike, but I noticed he mostly uses the starter. Any solution on this is appreciated...

--Thanks, Chris
 
I wish it were that easy. I'm in and out of town this week, but you should stop by this week/end and brainstorm a solution...

--Chris
 
Do you have the early style kickstarter, the one that pivots at the top where the footpeg attaches to the lever? The later ones swing out at the base like the 750 and has more clearance for the brake lever but is much shorter and proportional to the motor.
 
Hi:

I have the early style that pivots at the top. I also have the modified CB750 kicker that is pictured above. Should I look for the later style CB350 kicker or is it exactly like the 750 kicker I have?

--Thanks, Chris
 
I have the same problem with my 650. I haven't used the kickstart all season.

At the Sunday morning meets, there's a guy that has a Carpy CB750. His brake lever end folds up out of the way to allow his kickstarter to pass!

DSC00954.jpg
 
Here's my dilema:
Mine hits the footpeg (which can fold up out of the way) and the brake lever.

DSC00980.jpg
 
I might just have to suck it up and buy some rearsets from a sport bike. I have the left side from a 929, so its a start. They fold, which is important :)

--Chris
 
Back
Top Bottom