Post a pic of your latest purchase

damiansd said:
A not so new 1972 Jawa 250 Californian for me. She is affectionately known as 'Rust Machine' and needs more than a little love. Build thread to start soon...

IMG_0625.JPG


Damian.

Don't let the 'kickstart' fly forwards after you get it running, it can pop into gear
Also, I'm pretty sure that has a clutch lifter on gear change shaft so you don't need to use handlebar lever after it's rolling
 
Just ordered this bad boy

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/6/3/3/5/7/6/webimg/602028740_o.jpg

and ordered some Avon Roadrider tires(90/90-19 and 120/80-18) from American Moto Tire..

Next up is some CR26 carbs, baby.
 
I got 3 8 oz. cans of one shot(red,white & black) & a 0 pinstripe brush(free) for $30.00. I am going to try my hand @ pinstriping.

I am going to pick up a mack 10 series 00 brush. Now just practice, practice, practice!!

Wish me luck!!
 

Attachments

  • Pinstriping.jpg
    Pinstriping.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 303
Bucky685 said:
I got 3 8 oz. cans of one shot(red,white & black) & a 0 pinstripe brush(free) for $30.00. I am going to try my hand @ pinstriping.

I am going to pick up a mack 10 series 00 brush. Now just practice, practice, practice!!

Wish me luck!!

I picked up a nice set of handmade brushes a few months back. Need to order some one shot as well. Ill tell ya a little trick a painter friend let me know... When not using the OneShot, store the cans upside down (making sure the lids are on tight ;) ). It keeps the paint from "filming" over.
 
VonYinzer said:
I picked up a nice set of handmade brushes a few months back. Need to order some one shot as well. Ill tell ya a little trick a painter friend let me know... When not using the OneShot, store the cans upside down (making sure the lids are on tight ;) ). It keeps the paint from "filming" over.

Thanks for the tip.

I ordered the one shot from Speedwaymotors. (white,black&red) plus a free brush for $33. Thought it was a pretty good price.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pinstripers-Starter-Kit,25559.html
And I had it to me in a day! Just wish there was a supplier in town. I think I can get Mack brushes @ O'riely auto.
 
And this just came in the mail:

LaRosa front fork bag. I bought it to use as a side bag. Lets me throw in a few tools, phone and other misc crap.
 

Attachments

  • WP_20130827_016.jpg
    WP_20130827_016.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 289
  • WP_20130827_015.jpg
    WP_20130827_015.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 292
AzHonda said:
And this just came in the mail:

LaRosa front fork bag. I bought it to use as a side bag. Lets me throw in a few tools, phone and other misc crap.
alright that looks kinda good...makes me kinda want one to put some shit in..
 
The bag was way to big for the front fork on this bike. Definitely meant for a hog. Works perfect for a side bag without a girly look. Just my opinion......
 
AzHonda said:
The bag was way to big for the front fork on this bike. Definitely meant for a hog. Works perfect for a side bag without a girly look. Just my opinion......

How is the construction of the bag? I may get a swing arm bag from them for the XV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
Rich Ard said:
How is the construction of the bag? I may get a swing arm bag from them for the XV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The construction is real nice. Stitching is thick. not double stitched but thick thread and the leather is real nice and thick. The buckles are solid, not cheap crap that bends. Hell....it's LaRosa. They make quality gear.

I ended up making an offer on Ebay for this bag (new) and got it for $82 with free shipping.
 
damiansd said:
A not so new 1972 Jawa 250 Californian for me. She is affectionately known as 'Rust Machine' and needs more than a little love. Build thread to start soon...

IMG_0625.JPG


Damian.

Nice to hear, nice seat too.
 
Back
Top Bottom