Post a pic of your latest purchase

J-Rod10 said:
Closed on my new shop yesterday.

Here's all that would fit in the frame. Behind the wall in the front, is a big room, going to be my spray room for gel coat. Then another big open area on the other side, just waiting on CNC's to be brought home.

IMAG0474_zps086b24fb.jpg


Then, this little lady.
IMAG0475_zps59a65c97.jpg

Sheesh! Some serious room there.
 
Brodie said:
I am not home at the moment but I will check it out in the morning. Might be an early 77 which explains the single rotor.

Almost all '77 models had dual rotors. Maybe yours is a '76 that was registered (originally sold) at a later date?

I covet the 8-valve GS750. The 16-valve obviously sucks and blows better, but I don't have the patience (or lack of patience) to deal with CDI. Maybe some day I'll convert a 16-valve to modern electronic ignition, but dealing with ancient CDI's is nobody's cup of tea.

Whatever you do, keep this one under wraps. We've been 'roddin' these out for some time, but we can't let the "me too" crowd in on this. I'll let them chase after CB's until the market there is dried up and the prices are insurmountable. Meanwhile we're picking up GS parts like fruit at the market or even whole bikes from people that think they have no value. Brodie, I don't have to tell you about that part, do I? ;) That's exactly what people must think. Suzuki's are ordinary, cruddy, underwhelming and undesirable, right?

Yeah they have half a decade on the CB750, so what? All that matters to me is that they were faster, DOHC, and in my opinion still better looking if you can excuse the thin filmy chrome and crappy exhausts. By the way, they have really really crappy exhausts.

Find a good mechanic nearby, the blokes with decades worth of pin-ups and helmets on the walls. Ask which is better and they'll make a good argument for the CB750. Then ask why they have so many GS' laying around. XD

Can't wait to see the thread. You should start a thread.
 
ronnie said:
Now as for latest purchase, since the removed skin from foot thread, I bought some legit riding boots. I normally rode with some cowboy boots as its the only thing I had at the time. But i just bought some Gearne Balance boots. They are for dual sport but they look like regular boots and everywhere you look praises the comfort and durability of this boot. Even the company says they are the most comfy and best built boot. Tip quality leather. And they are great for walking in too! I'll let yall know how they are. Got them from atomic moto. Oh and waterproof, weren't cheap but if they last me at least 4 years I'd say worth it.

Also some socks to go with them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you don't do too much walking about/wear them all day they will last a lot longer than 4 yrs
I bought some Tech 8 in 2002 which are still 'like new' except the white plastic is yellowing because of age
virtually no wear on soles as I always kept shoes or work boots to change into
 
Rich Ard said:
This is like looking into the future and watching myself bleed to death from my leg

Another "Rich Ard Classic". Thank you sir. You never disappoint. :)
 
crazypj said:
You get that as soon as they print shipping label, probably won't be in the mail until Tuesday at earliest ;)

Well, they shipped right away after all:

Depart USPS Sort Facility
Aug-31-13, 00:00 AM, PORTLAND, OR 97218

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
Aug-30-13, 23:14 PM, PORTLAND, OR 97218

Acceptance
Aug-30-13, 13:56 PM, REDMOND, OR 97756

Order Confirmed
Aug-30-13, 00:00 AM

Have to give props where they are due
 
Re: Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase

crazypj said:
If you don't do too much walking about/wear them all day they will last a lot longer than 4 yrs
I bought some Tech 8 in 2002 which are still 'like new' except the white plastic is yellowing because of age
virtually no wear on soles as I always kept shoes or work boots to change into
Yea I don't plan on walking around town in them, but that's what I heard. I'm pretty excited because the old boots I used had a big heel and it wasn't easy to move around on the peg to shift and what not. Can't wait to get home from offshore and try them on!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Man the GL flew right under the radar here... Nice score!
Looks like the faux tank opens on the side so it's a 1000?
Hard to tell from the pic, but are those Lester Wheels?
 
ABCanuck said:
Just picked this up from the back of my uncles old Quonset for free. Hmmmmm....... Where to start. 1957ish puch 50 moped sold through sears as Allstate.
y4etyre3.jpg

That's awesome. Restoration? I'd love to find one similar to make nicer than new for cruising around town.
 
Hoosier Daddy said:
Man the GL flew right under the radar here... Nice score!
Looks like the faux tank opens on the side so it's a 1000?
Hard to tell from the pic, but are those Lester Wheels?

I think it is a 75 or 76 with those pipes. And I think you are right on the wheels
 
Thanks Justin

Hoosier Daddy said:
Man the GL flew right under the radar here... Nice score!
Looks like the faux tank opens on the side so it's a 1000?
Hard to tell from the pic, but are those Lester Wheels?

HD, it is a 1000. It's a 76 model. I was trying to determine if brown is the original color and apparently only the LTD model was offered in that color. Was supposed to have gold spoke rims on that model so the mags threw me off for a minute. I'll have to check serial numbers to see if it is in fact an LTD. Not sure if they are Lesters or not. How would I tell?

I started a thread for it over in Restorations.
 
VonYinzer said:
That's awesome. Restoration? I'd love to find one similar to make nicer than new for cruising around town.

Restoration absolutely. Everything is there but all the cables are rotted and the seat is shot for starters. And even those are bloody hard to find. It'll take a while but should be a fun scoot for the kids. Engine covers are made of basically tin foil so the one might be beyond repair.
 
ABCanuck said:
Restoration absolutely. Everything is there but all the cables are rotted and the seat is shot for starters. And even those are bloody hard to find. It'll take a while but should be a fun scoot for the kids. Engine covers are made of basically tin foil so the one might be beyond repair.

MotionPro will make you new cables for a really fair price. Just send them the old ones.
 
VonYinzer said:
MotionPro will make you new cables for a really fair price. Just send them the old ones.

I didn't know you could just SEND them the old ones to help make new ones...the math has always annoyed me on trying to get new cables from them. Thanks for the info Von.
 
Just ordered this........................................yea, yea, I know.

http://www.amazon.com/HD-0800-Harley-Davidson-Performance-Replacement/dp/B000FGCYT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378061500&sr=8-1&keywords=k%26n+filter+for+softail


It's for the Harley, but it don't say what it has to be for, just latest purchase.

I could have posted pics of the underwear from wally world...............!!!!!!
 
MotorbikeBruno said:
I didn't know you could just SEND them the old ones to help make new ones...the math has always annoyed me on trying to get new cables from them. Thanks for the info Von.

They're pretty cool man. I've called a few times about some off the wall stuff, amd those always been really helpful.
 
Its labor day weekend...
 

Attachments

  • Messenger_5780023037555619695_13780648798014869.jpg
    Messenger_5780023037555619695_13780648798014869.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 590
Back
Top Bottom