Post a pic of your latest purchase

I carry a victorianox as well at all times but have lost 3 at the airport post 911 forgeting to put them in my checked luggage. That sucks as they are not cheap. it really hurt to lose my very first to security, had it since I was 10 in scouts. that sucked. I have fixed more things and helped more folks having that in my pocket more times than I can even think.
 
I got a Leatherman from my granddad about 20 years ago and the Victorinox stuff went on a shelf. The one I'm carrying right now has outlasted a first sheath and will probably need a third one shortly :D
 
Also, on the Leatherman:

While we were painting our house, I did something I haven't done in decades: I took out my Leatherman, opened the knife blade, and tried to pry something open with the tip.

As one would expect, putting a couple of pounds of pressure on it was enough to break about half an inch of blade off.

I really really like this knife, so I found the customer support number and called in, explaining what happened ("Hi, my name is Rich, and I did something really dumb, and would like to know what it would cost to get a new blade...") and they told me to send it in for free repair. I explained again that it was totally my fault, not a manufacturing defect, and that the loose nut was between the sheath and the knife, and they stopped me and said "That's okay, just send it in and we'll fix it."

So, in closing, go buy one.
 
Redliner said:
And then we sold this crap too:
anderson-cultery-special-edition-pantera-claws.jpg
Psshhh. These are for wusses. Mr. E's are built in and retractable.
 
JohnGoFast said:
Redliner, when is your next test drive scheduled? It can't come soon enough.

If I paid half a mind to the things these people will say, I'd probably be just as drunk and unhappy as everybody else. ::)

haircuttergirl said:
Psshhh. These are for wusses. Mr. E's are built in and retractable.

Yeah....but I can't find those in the BUDK Catalog.
Look! You can become a true marine for only $19.99!

BK_MarineRecon_765x145.jpg
 
Redliner said:
If I paid half a mind to the things these people will say, I'd probably be just as drunk and unhappy as everybody else. ::)

Blissful ignorance, with a large side of stupidity, and shot of bull shit on your daily menu?
 
Hey pal, I'm livin' the dream here. Until I have something to worry about, I have nothing to worry about. Leave the pills and booze in the bottle, keep a grin on ya mug, remember that only you can make you happy.
desismileys_3267.gif


Now you can sit here and fling crap 'til the board locks down, but it's going to take more than a few hard knocks to swipe my spirit. By then, I'd just end up like Gary Busy, and there's no helping anybody at that point...

What do you stand to gain in the end anyway? What do I stand to gain if I were making up stories to a bunch of people I may never meet?
 
Rich Ard said:
Also, on the Leatherman:

While we were painting our house, I did something I haven't done in decades: I took out my Leatherman, opened the knife blade, and tried to pry something open with the tip.

As one would expect, putting a couple of pounds of pressure on it was enough to break about half an inch of blade off.

I really really like this knife, so I found the customer support number and called in, explaining what happened ("Hi, my name is Rich, and I did something really dumb, and would like to know what it would cost to get a new blade...") and they told me to send it in for free repair. I explained again that it was totally my fault, not a manufacturing defect, and that the loose nut was between the sheath and the knife, and they stopped me and said "That's okay, just send it in and we'll fix it."

So, in closing, go buy one.

I have a Victorinox that is similar to the leatherman also, my third knife.

Victorinox is also lifetime warranteed. If you have a local store, it is even easier. I broke the spring on the scissors, walked in, ask to buy a replacement. they took the knife, fixed it, handed it back.

You have to love good customer service.

The only gripe I have is they won;t replace lost knives. 8)
 
I have walked through the airport many times with knives. When I remember I just tell the security guy, take my knife and go to the post office in the airport and mail it where I'm going.

If I don't have time I have been known to bury a knife in a potted plant and dig it out when I get back Hahahah.

Only once did they take my knife, and that was in 2004 when I backpacked the Grand Canyon. My stupid ass had a double edge throwing knife in my backpack from the hike (those squirrels are nasty!). Printed in big letters on the blade was "Pakistan" haha. They pulled me aside and I had to fill out paperwork with my name address social etc. for two years after that I got searched every time I went through security.
 
Another time my dad went through security and the guard says "air anything you want to tell me about this bag" my dad says no?
Officer says "are you SURE there's nothing you want to tell me, no knives or anything in the bag"
My dad says "I packed the damn thing two days ago and there are NO knives in that bag, I'd bet my life on it."
Officer opens the bag, pulls out the bathroom bag and dumps the contents on the table, all NINE knives.

The cleaning lady had cleaned up his bathroom and put all of his knives in that bag hahahahah.

He was Livid an they took all of them. Including 2 that his dad have him when he was a kid.
 
Since I replaced most of my hardware with Allen Screws, and some odd size bolt heads (13 mm) I need a few more onboard tools then the little triangular tool box on the 360 can hold.

This looked nice so I just bought it. A small "Fender Bag" that bolts down. I'll bolt it to my luggage rack.

Looks to be just right for a few hand tools and an extra qt of oil (I always like to have extra oil with me).
(7.5" x 5.5" x 2.5" fender pack made from durable water resistant PVC coated 600 denier polyester. )
$18.95 shipped E-Bay
 

Attachments

  • Fender Bag.JPG
    Fender Bag.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 609
SONICJK said:
Another time my dad went through security and the guard says "air anything you want to tell me about this bag" my dad says no?
Officer says "are you SURE there's nothing you want to tell me, no knives or anything in the bag"
My dad says "I packed the damn thing two days ago and there are NO knives in that bag, I'd bet my life on it."
Officer opens the bag, pulls out the bathroom bag and dumps the contents on the table, all NINE knives.

The cleaning lady had cleaned up his bathroom and put all of his knives in that bag hahahahah.

He was Livid an they took all of them. Including 2 that his dad have him when he was a kid.

I would be furious. Every time I flew in uniform I would have a knife on me. They never said anything about it in security. That was only a couple years ago. I also got to keep my damn boots on (that was nice).

I have carried Emersons for a long time. They have whats called a "wave feature," which deploys the knife the second it leaves your pocket. The little hook on the blade catches the back of your pocket. Amazingly simple and faster than any auto/switch/assisted. I currently carry a CQC-15 (along with a Glock 19, Kimber TLE II, or S&W .38).

EMMINICQC15SF.jpg
 
mydlyfkryzis said:
Since I replaced most of my hardware with Allen Screws, and some odd size bolt heads (13 mm) I need a few more onboard tools then the little triangular tool box on the 360 can hold.

This looked nice so I just bought it. A small "Fender Bag" that bolts down. I'll bolt it to my luggage rack.

Looks to be just right for a few hand tools and an extra qt of oil (I always like to have extra oil with me).
(7.5" x 5.5" x 2.5" fender pack made from durable water resistant PVC coated 600 denier polyester. )
$18.95 shipped E-Bay

Talk about fast shipping...just got shipping notification and a tracking number....Seems like a good E-Bay Vendor so far...
 
You get that as soon as they print shipping label, probably won't be in the mail until Tuesday at earliest ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom