tailight L.E.D

sol

New Member
I must change something to make function a light L.E.D (Tailight) it lights but when when I apply the brake it does not light

:(
 
sol said:
I must change something to make function a light L.E.D (Tailight) it lights but when when I apply the brake it does not light

:(
I don't understand what you just said. If you are using LED's for a taillight, you will need to have two sets in the housing, one set for the running lights and ~5x the amount of running lights for the brake light itself. If you bought a complete housing with the LED's already wired up, you'll have to place ~2 in the housing and wire them to the running lights.
 
Just call John at JD Lightining & Accessories
http://www.jdcustomlighting.com/
(416) 284-8202

I bought 1157/2057 led bulbs for my cb350 in the past and it never worked for the reasons in posts.

I met John at the bike show. He hand makes these LED lights specifically for our older bikes that run off a stator rather than a alternator. What I got from John works perfectly on my cb550

His explanation was basically, "because most LEDs not designed to run off the a lower amp Stator but designed for a high output alternator."

I bought a bulb for $20 and its super bright...works perfectly...

This is the best kept LED secret around....
 
locOleoN said:
Just call John at JD Lightining & Accessories
http://www.jdcustomlighting.com/
(416) 284-8202

I bought 1157/2057 led bulbs for my cb350 in the past and it never worked for the reasons in posts.

I met John at the bike show. He hand makes these LED lights specifically for our older bikes that run off a stator rather than a alternator. What I got from John works perfectly on my cb550

His explanation was basically, "because most LEDs not designed to run off the a lower amp Stator but designed for a high output alternator."

I bought a bulb for $20 and its super bright...works perfectly...

This is the best kept LED secret around....
does he also make the led headlight bulbs?
 
Nope.. I asked him back in Jan.
He said that LED headlights, althought brighter are still illegal in Canada...
 
pyro139 said:
then why does crappy T sell them?

Really?? I haven't seen a LED headlight in canadian tire before... But if they do I'll def be trying it out. Any reduction in load on an old bike's charging system is great.

Have you bought / used em before??
 
I dont know.. Ive never seen an LED headlight at Cdn Tire... but then, I was never really looking for one!!..
 
locOleoN said:
I dont know.. Ive never seen an LED headlight at Cdn Tire... but then, I was never really looking for one!!..
the led's are in the display cases where all the ricer shifters and other my civic looks cool parts are.
 
Yeah I forgot to mention... there should me no problem whatsoever with running a LED taillight. Just get the proper LED replacement bulb.
the only problem is with the turn signals. and even that can be fixed with a $10 (had to be the $10 one, the $15 one doesn't work) digital relay... and some very minor wiring changes (switching the 3 wires around until they work).

Good luck with it!

And BTW Pyro I'll go check that out soon. would be good to have even less strain on the charging system. I even noticed that my dash lights are alot brighter since installing the smaller indicators and led taillight.
 
Back
Top Bottom