Bultaco Bandit El Montadero 360

Re: The Count Mount Zeke's El Montadero 360

I'm about to. Fortunately, I have both. ;) And some aluminum GL rims that need some loving.

deviant said:
I'm about to. Fortunately, I have both. ;) And some aluminum GL rims that need some loving.
lol don't you just love the Internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deviant said:
so how did it do?

586879b7357bba61a0487b031d4fc7f9.jpg

I did a test patch. That's less than a minute by hand.

deviant said:
586879b7357bba61a0487b031d4fc7f9.jpg

I did a test patch. That's less than a minute by hand.

wait till you see what it did to our rims!

What's funny, I've been storing them on the shelf with the Mother's sitting on top of the Nevr-Dull for years. I'm sure there's some philosophical term for this.

deviant said:
What's funny, I've been storing them on the shelf with the Mother's sitting on top of the Nevr-Dull for years. I'm sure there's some philosophical term for this.
lol

The Count Mount Zeke's El Montadero 360

We want to share with you a secret we learned at the Pate Swap Meet this weekend. The front rim was totally oxidized. No sanding we couldn't believe our eyes. https://youtu.be/YwPvT8qG1eI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deviant said:
it is called curiosity. Zeke said last night I wonder what would happen if we used Marvel Magic Mystery Oil and Nevrdull.

Two other products we were told are used for restoration work is Simichrome Polish and Fitz although they are more expensive than an 8 buck jar of Mothers and 6 buck Nevrdull. We did more last night and were still amazed.
(Edit Flitz polish)

Do you mean Flitz? That stuff is really good on raw aluminum. Back in my bicycle racing days, I rode Cannondales. The frames came painted, so I stripped them down and polished with the Fritz. It did a good job with polish and maintaining the polish for a while. Anything to save grams ;)

deviant said:
Do you mean Flitz? That stuff is really good on raw aluminum. Back in my bicycle racing days, I rode Cannondales. The frames came painted, so I stripped them down and polished with the Fritz. It did a good job with polish and maintaining the polish for a while. Anything to save grams ;)
yes Flitz! I raced a Cook's Brothers until landing on my head and snapping a collar bone.

a22f030c9f62b785ad9697e3d0a0107d.jpg

Who was the first manufacturer who used tapered roller bearings in the steering stem?

Texasstar said:
a22f030c9f62b785ad9697e3d0a0107d.jpg

Who was the first manufacturer who used tapered roller bearings in the steering stem?

its nothing new i amagine it goes wayback
they are not superior to balls in fact balls are better ,when done like on late model sprtbikes, motogp etc

xb33bsa said:
its nothing new i amagine it goes wayback
all our Honda's had ball bearings but was surprised when we pulled the stem on the Bultaco

The Bultaco is designed for higher shock loading, ball bearing has less friction but roller has higher load capacity.
Taper roller is not really an 'upgrade' it just tolerates bad adjustment and miss-use better on street bikes

crazypj said:
The Bultaco is designed for higher shock loading, ball bearing has less friction but roller has higher load capacity.
Taper roller is not really an 'upgrade' it just tolerates bad adjustment and miss-use better on street bikes
thanks crazypj we are taking the Bultaco forks apart today to see how they were engineered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bultaco wheels and new tubes and tires.
f59e392d19791092e8d9f63b5fea2e5f.jpg

XB33bsa gave us an idea. Montadero road racer.
0c9e8b6d68c978357b7afc25a0a682d7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom